kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 27.75M THE FALL GUY | 8.72M SW: EP I - TPM | 7.59M CHALLENGERS | 6.50M TAROT

11 minutes ago, Eric Loves Rey said:

I mean I've liked some of the songs she's done, but I don't hardcore stan her the way I do Beyonce or Gaga. But thanks for the suggestion mate :)

You're telling me I'm the big lana stan here and i'm straight, that's wild

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Just rewatched Speed for it's 30th anniversary. It holds up amazingly well, the bus sequence is still A++++ and the train one has a great ending button of a line, but we always forget the elevator sequence which has a great build of suspense and would be a classic sequence on it's own before the rest of the movie completely overshadows it. 

The funniest shot in the movie is definitely the insert shot of the airline towing guy running away from the explosion to assure the audience that no one died.

With the right marketing campaign and the killer hook again, feel like Speed could still do great at the box office now.

I watched it on the big screen last week. So cool seeing an action movie where everything is done in camera, and where the stars have real chemistry, even if Keanu can't act. Great theatrical experience. 

Posted (edited)

Are the likes bugged? Some posts have the option to like and others there’s no button?

i watched fall guy with my sister and friend and we all throughly enjoyed the movie. They enjoyed Ryan Gosling’s shirtless body. It’s a shame the movie won’t make more money.

Edited by eddyxx

8 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

General audiences use Metacritic all the time. It gets noted all the time for video games, it's not an obscure website. More importantly, it tracks how the critics actually feel about the movie other than good/bad. Fall Guy did not have the kind of "divisive" response Joker did that actually propelled the movie, nor did it have the near-universal praise of something like Oppenheimer or Minus One. It was "this is a good action movie" not "this is an absolute world beater and savior of movies".

Not again that….

MC is not even known nor used by every gamer, nor are gamers the same as GA

plus MCs refusal to show how they do their interpretation of other people’s movie-reviews leaves a bit question mark about them for at least some of the people who know about them

I did once caused by statements like yours an in-depth look into who their cinema/movie reviewers then were (all of them, including their work, educational,… background of the last decades, all what was accessible, as far as available), it included eg a small town newspaper editor/runner, who in general mostly wrote articles literally about country faires, church & small town events, … Plus a few reviews about movies.

There was one cinema in that town, I think it had 3 screens then. I even looked into what kind of program said cinema offered. No art house kind of movies,… 
No background related to either educational background, anything to do with eg theater, work at a bigger newspaper,… to gain any kind of experience why he, who’s work only to a very small degree was about movies, should be considered as a pro movie reviewer.

I know, there are ‘reviewers’ like that at YouTube out without any background neither, but those at least focus on movies, see a lot of them, interact usually with people about what they presented at their channels (at least as the channel is still not big), see mostly willing to learn,…. still would not count them as pros, but at least some focus, more observable experience, …. on movies.

I think (hope) they got better since, but as long as they won’t disclose their method (including how they pick the reviewers they use) IMHO they do not count more than a solo reviewer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

Kingdom of Heaven , frankyk, was a box office bomb on it's threatrical run in a badly cut version.

It only became really popular wihen Ridley was able to release his original 3 hour plus cut on Video.

I love the Ridely cut, BTW.

Wasn’t that the movie with a condition in their contracts or… like they’ll release the long/real version only if there will be interest in a theatrical release too,… and then their stunt to release that long version only in like one theater without any ad, press,… in their try to circumvent that?

And then someone posted it in the IMDb board or… and it sold out or something like that?

Might have been an April’s fool story too, I only can remember bits of the story, not the source nor all of its details

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Most singers have failed at transitioning to acting. Gaga is 2/2 at spawning hit R rated adult dramas and Joker 2 will fully establish her as an undeniable movie star.

Lady Gaga made a star is born.

It's a very specific project and a kinda of hollywood brand (the fourth movie in the series)...A list actor + pop star on a movie about a pop star.

It was supposed to be with Adele before Gaga (according to rumours) while Eastwood thought to make it with Beyoncè at some point.

I don't think Adele can open a movie (??) but in a project like that could have worked like Gaga did. Same for Beyoncè.

I see that like something similar to what The Bodyguard was. 

Same for Joker 2. The idea is a musical? People feel like Gaga can work on that but i think a lot of others name could have worked and be hyped too.

I don't want to deny she is part of the buzz of the movies she acts  but Gaga in a movie like The Fall guy instead of Emily Blunt?. Kinda same opening honestly. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

A- is good for the fall guy.

I don't know maybe it can have good summer legs and not being the success someone wants or needs but neither the bomb someone thinks. 

Posted (edited)

i saw someone days ago posted Garfield was making great numbers in Italy and on some other foreign country.

Well while it had a very good day on 1st may (an holiday here)  from the day after it totally collapsed. It went from 650K on first day to 70K (-90%) on day 2 😶. And friday was again just 70K (the fall guy doubled it with 150k and challengers made 200K)

So no at least here it's not this incredible phenomenon. The final total will be probably less than half of Kung Fu Panda 4. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Astonished 1

31 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

A- is good for the fall guy.

I don't know maybe it can have good summer legs and not being the success someone wants or needs but neither the bomb someone thinks. 

Another EB movie, Edge of Tomorrow  earned a B+ CS and legged it out to 100m, maybe it can repeat that so cinemas can live and not die

• Like 3

At one point I thought If free Guys made it to 28m OW, JC managed to open to 34m during Covid and TLC open to 30m, there is no way Fall Guy will not beat those numbers, especially when the market are this dead. Turns out whatever the OW we saw with JC or TLC, those OW were actually already represent the "recovered" state of the market. More than 2 years after Covid, this genre made zero progress for recovery.

Likewise for adult drama, people can no longer claim HoG would made much more in 2023 than its 54m in 2021. After 2 years of data, it is time to conclude that 54m is pretty much what HoG would get in any years post Covid.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

No, they gave it a pass because they never factor in the cost of seeing a film in their reviews. This film looks like a perfectly good movie that I can wait to rent once it's on digital platforms, in my opinion, but a majority of the critics seeing it saw it for free and watching the film is their job. So they don't come out of the film with the same baggage general audiences have (ticket price, time spent, etc.).

What kind of nonsense is this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Most singers have failed at transitioning to acting. Gaga is 2/2 at spawning hit R rated adult dramas and Joker 2 will fully establish her as an undeniable movie star.

This House of Gucci erasure. 

(I consider House of Gucci a hit tbh, $150m+ for a 2h40m R rated adult drama during Covid). 

• Like 2