AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

10 hours ago, AJG said:

1.Anyone else wonder about watching this film in Spanish? I know it’s American, but i really wanna see it in Spanish.

I think there will not be a spanish version. In Spain the first trailer was dubbed from latin to spanish, but nothing else. And the movie i think it's been released straight in latin accent in Spain too. 

1 hour ago, meriodejaneiro said:

I think there will not be a spanish version. In Spain the first trailer was dubbed from latin to spanish, but nothing else. And the movie i think it's been released straight in latin accent in Spain too. 

There is a Spanish version. It's been released in theaters here in the states and Mexico.

This movie will make you cry tears...in a happy way.

Just fight through the first part of the movie where a Jar Jar Binks character comes really close to ruining the movie.   It's totally worth it to get to the good stuff at the end.   You'll probably guess the plot but that's fine too.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:57 AM, meriodejaneiro said:

But that's the "mexican dubbed" version, which is the same being released in Spain a week ago.

You know that "mexican" isn't a language right? It's spanish with latin accent. I think he meant a spanish speaking version not exactly a Spain accent version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Tenuous at best. He's a normal dog with a really long tongue.

His job is to show up, trip over stuff, run into things, knock stuff over.    Pretty much the same job as Jar Jar.   Lowbrow "comedy" that I expect from lesser studios.

Doesn't matter in the end though.   The movie rises above that horrible character.

2 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

His job is to show up, trip over stuff, run into things, knock stuff over.    Pretty much the same job as Jar Jar.   Lowbrow "comedy" that I expect from lesser studios.

Doesn't matter in the end though.   The movie rises above that horrible character.

Spoiler

His job is to be the spiritual guide to Miguel. One of the many themes touched upon the movie.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

You know that "mexican" isn't a language right? It's spanish with latin accent. I think he meant a spanish speaking version not exactly a Spain accent version.

It's more than just an accent. Mexican Spanish is a distinct dialect from Castilian.

That said, since they are mutually comprehensible, I expect that Spain will show the Mexican version to preserve the regional tone.

Edited by Murgatroyd

I stayed away to avoid the shitty Olaf thing because he’s 100x worse than Jar Jar to me lol.

But holy crap Coco was fucking awesome! Well done Pixar. Marginally sad I didn’t see it in IMAX but with MoviePass that effectively changes the price from $0 extra to $20 extra. Still Coco has to be one of Pixar’s best movies. I loved it!

I caught up and finally saw Up last week, I just never bothered before. I’m sorry.... I wasn’t missing out. I guess I just didn’t get the hype. The kid really sucked in every way, the story was just not that good, and while I wouldn’t call it a bad movie it certainly wasn’t a good one, either. One of Pixar’s weakest. I think people were high while seeing that thing as I love Pixar and most of their stuff is 3.5 / 4 stars but yikes. Coco blows that away!

• Thanks 1