AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

is there anything wrong with European numbers? Sorry, they are discussed in multiple country-by-country threads so I'm getting a bit lost. 

It hasn't been released in much of Europe yet, but to reach $1b, Coco would have to perform extraordinarily well in order to pick up the slack from the DOM performance.

I'm just comparing Coco to Zootopia's overseas performance. I don't see how Coco can make $1b while making less in China and domestically than Zootopia.

Edited by cannastop

38 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You keep on bringing up $1b. I don't think the DOM performance will be enough for that, let alone the European numbers.

It's my pipe dream but so far legs been phenomenal in every territory it has opened in so chance remains it could happen.

37 minutes ago, the beast said:

Realistically:

China: $150m

Dom: $250m

Mexico: $60m

Japan: $25m

Rest Of the World: $355m

Worldwide Total: $840m

WOW... $590M OS would make this the biggest Pixar original overseas, and that's with the exchange rates the way they are now. Imagine if exchange rates were more favourable for the box office... these numbers would have been even more insane.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

It hasn't been released in much of Europe yet, but to reach $1b, Coco would have to perform extraordinarily well in order to pick up the slack from the DOM performance.

I'm just comparing Coco to Zootopia's overseas performance. I don't see how Coco can make $1b while making less in China and domestically than Zootopia.

I read somewhere that they are doing a slow rollout for Coco likely to avoid other big movies so we'll have to wait for a few months to see where it'll finish. 

PSA: Disney removing the Frozen short in front of Coco starting December 8th

So I work at a movie theater, and we got a notice from Disney stating that as of next Friday, the Frozen short will be removed from the film.

Here is what was sent to us
"Please note that the run of Olaf’s Frozen Adventure playing before COCO will end after 12/7. Starting on Friday 12/8 no more Olaf shorts should be up on screen.With the extra 22 minutes of running time back, we would appreciate if you could get in an extra show if possible.
Thanks!"
That last part is true because If the short wasn't there in the first place, we would have been able to add an extra Matinee for the movie.
Either way, the short has been nothing but a pain in the ass and non stop complaints from customers, and rightfully so. We even put up notices on the box office window, concession stands, and the door to the theater, and we are still getting complaints.
Also, I feel that the short also hurts the thank you message that plays at the beginning of Coco. I stood in the back of the theater once after we got complaints about the Frozen short to kinda of gauge the crowd reaction. Once Frozen was over, I could hear people whispering things like "finally". But then when the Coco short started, the entire audience let out a loud and collective groan and of course I started hearing things like "start the movie already ffs!"
This is a shame because Coco is such a beautiful movie and the thank you message at the beginning is really sweet.

YES!

Disney is doing the right thing here. I also suggested a few pages back in this thread that Disney should pull the Frozen short after 2 weeks.

I'm still debating if I should see this before the short is removed or wait until it's gone

See it with the short, so you can say that you saw it on the big screen even though the short is terrible.

Seeing the short is like watching a car crash crush a baby in slow motion. It is so horrible that you just can't look away.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

See it with the short, so you can say that you saw it on the big screen even though the short is terrible.

Seeing the short is like watching a car crash crush a baby in slow motion. It is so horrible that you just can't look away.

Well, I wouldn't go that far.

It's not The Room kind of bad, it's the boring kind where it's just so sappy and unoriginal. You know you're not the target audience and are embarrassed to be watching it but you have to push through it to get to the main course.

There's a fine dining metaphor to be made but no stereotypically boring appetizers are immediately coming to my head

Edited by tribefan695