kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

10 minutes ago, Eric Wilson said:

Yes. 🤪 

I know it seems crazy for a 200 million opener but something I haven't felt since....

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Twisters coming back to 4dx

I’m not even a PLF guy and I’m itching to rewatch Twisters in this format. Haven’t seen something hyped this much for 4DX…ever. And last time I’ve seen the hype for a PLF movie period was probably Gravity. There have been other “see this on IMAX” movies of course, but nothing to this degree.

1 minute ago, Eric Wilson said:

I’m not even a PLF guy and I’m itching to rewatch Twisters in this format. Haven’t seen something hyped this much for 4DX…ever. And last time I’ve seen the hype for a PLF movie period was probably Gravity. There have been other “see this on IMAX” movies of course, but nothing to this degree.

I've seen one movie in 4DX. Weathering With You, and I think it was ONLY in 4dx in my area.

1 minute ago, Eric Wilson said:

Happy for Twisters, but surprised D&W is losing any theaters at all after such a monster opening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Shorts said:

Inflated Mondays, inflated expectations.  Muted Tuesdays, everythings crumbling.  I haven't been around in a while, but that's the new trend right? 

Oh, and Happy Birthday @Shawn Robbins !

Yeah, in these situations Tuesdays are almost always muted because demand is already so high that it sees less of a boost than other movies that have a larger admissions increase from Monday since people are waiting for the Tuesday discount. But that also usually means a more subdued Wednesday drop than normal, so it all balances out (hopefully).

• Like 2

Just now, JonathanMB said:

Yeah, in these situations Tuesdays are almost always muted because demand is already so high that it sees less of a boost than other movies that have a larger admissions increase from Monday since people are waiting for the Tuesday discount. But that also usually means a more subdued Wednesday drop than normal, so it all balances out (hopefully).

Without looking it up I'm pretty sure the force awakens had a drop on its first Tuesday simply because the same amount of fans are showing up every day but they had discounted prices on a tuesday. I don't think it's going to be that insane for Deadpool but it's something worth keeping an eye on.

22 minutes ago, baumer said:

I have nothing to lose by saying this stuff because as I've mentioned so many times now I'm not here all that much anymore. 

So I'm just going to go out on a limb and say I think we will see a 50% drop or less. I can't believe the audience reaction to this film it's out of this world and the memes that are popping up the videos, the NSYNC dancing, the cosplay the fan reviews the fan reaction the fan Apoplexia ( I just made up that word) I haven't seen this probably since endgame. 

The Monday number is huge, I'm assuming the weekday numbers are all going to be strong so it's going to be at around $300 million by the end of Thursday and with summer in full swing and nothing really to open up against it this weekend, and the fact that people have seen it three and four times already, why wouldn't it fall less than 50%?

The force awakens had two straight weekends of 40% drops. I realize that was the Christmas season and the second weekend was the Christmas Day weekend and the third weekend was New year's weekend. But that was also after it had burned off and insane amount of demand. I'm not saying Deadpool and Wolverine is going to be on the same level as the force awakens but right now it's just steamrolling everything and exceeding everyone's expectations. 

Am I crazy to think that this could have maybe 104 million second weekend? 

And please keep in mind this is not the Fanboy and me talking. Yes I love Ryan reynolds, yes I love the first two deadpools, however I'm not sure how to feel yet about the third one. I love all the fan service in the movie but I'm not entirely sure what my grade is yet and that won't happen until I see it for a second time when the weekend.

Barbie Monday was 26M and that had 93m weekend . so would keep expectations in check. 

• Like 2

Just now, Liiviig 1998 said:

Barbie Monday was 26M and that had 93m weekend . so would keep expectations in check. 

Barbie was affected by severe spillover due to Oppenheimer hogging half the screens, so it's not a great comp here, but at the same time MCU films pretty much all have strong spillover effect on Monday so I'm not expecting any notable holds in the coming few days UNLESS Tuesday happens to be up from today 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Where's the fun and being realistic? 😎

7 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Barbie was affected by severe spillover due to Oppenheimer hogging half the screens, so it's not a great comp here, but at the same time MCU films pretty much all have strong spillover effect on Monday so I'm not expecting any notable holds in the coming few days UNLESS Tuesday happens to be up from today 

Expect DPW to have the same. If it  increases significantly like 15-20% ish+ . Then we probably cooking.

Seeing 18-19m Thursday for now.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

7 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Expect DPW to have the same. If it  increases significantly like 7-10% ish+ . Then we probably cooking.

Seeing 18-19m Thursday for now.

Personally I'm seeing DPW doing about 90% JW, so I'd say 18m Thursday and ~90m weekend rn

Edited by Cheddar Please
  • Like 1

Been a long time since I’ve seen such vibes after an MCU movie. Just great vibes over every social channel. People discussing multiple aspect they love, posting reacting from theaters and this movie have a lot of different stuff. Just a great vibe. Marvel will probably never have a weekend like this again with all the hype and joy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Been a long time since I’ve seen such vibes after an MCU movie. Just great vibes over every social channel. People discussing multiple aspect they love, posting reacting from theaters and this movie have a lot of different stuff. Just a great vibe. Marvel will probably never have a weekend like this again with all the hype and joy. 

Never again? Bro we have Spidey to come n next Avengers. I won't be surprised if fantastic four or some other movie breaks out in between 

• Like 2

Great monday number for D&W. It wont have a sub 50% drop but it wont collapse either. I expect a 60 % drop on second weekend, a great hold all things consider (a $38,5 preview numbers for example)