Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Serkis provides an update on post production. Based on what he is saying, I doubt we get anything at SDCC, most likely SDCC next year

They shot this movie over two years ago. It'd be silly if they didn't have something worth presenting at this point.

Edited by cookie

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Serkis provides an update on post production. Based on what he is saying, I doubt we get anything at SDCC, most likely SDCC next year

I think a trailer with Ready Player One is more likely, if they show anything at Comic Con, it's more likely to be a sizzle reel.

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

CGI is hard, though. And they've said that they haven't finished editing yet.

Yeah, unlike a Geostorm, the CGI here needs to be downright perfect when they first showcase the movie else everyone will look at it as inferior and compare it to Disney's JB and the animals will just look fake. Too much to lose and not enough to gain by showing anything too early from this.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yeah, unlike a Geostorm, the CGI here needs to be downright perfect when they first showcase the movie else everyone will look at it as inferior and compare it to Disnet's JB and the animals will just look fake. Too much to lose and not enough to gain by showing anything too early from this.

It'll be compared to Disney's version regardless. WB had insanely bad timing with this movie as evident by the fact that it's been delayed multiple times just to move as far away from Disney's take as possible.

You don't even need a full-sized trailer or anything, maybe a short reel or some stills just to give us an idea of what you're going for.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I really dislike that this is now considered a Disney brand. But ah well.

Part of it is why I actually want this or any other version to succeed simply by riding the cottails of the 2016 one.

You see Disney basically high jacked all the goodwill and nostalgia build up for several decade by a very beloved Jungle Book cartoon property that had NOTHING to do with Disney' live action version in my country.

Now I just want karma to go around worldwide and do its thing.

Edited by NamakFiskKa

Just now, NamakFiskKa said:

Part of it is why I actually want this or any other version to succeed simply by riding the cottails of the 2016 one.

You see Disney basically high jacked all the goodwill and nostalgia build up for several decade by a very beloved Jungle Book cartoon property that had NOTHING to do with Disney' live action version in my country.

I am sure this version will also use the "Chaddi pehan ke phool khila hai" song in promotions. So many memories of early Sunday morning DD cartoons :P 

Just now, NamakFiskKa said:

But the animated version isn't the origin of the story either. That's my (grumpy old man) point.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

But the animated version isn't the origin of the story either.

But you did cash in somebody else' homework and marketed your movie just like it.

You hired the same regional voice actor and you used the same theme in your dub trailer but your movie IS NOT JUST THAT.

Hell you played "Chaddi pehen k phool khila hai" and don't even get the color of its underwear right.

You marketed like it was my mogli but its #notmymowgli even by a mile. You just don't exploit someone's nostalgia like that

Edited by NamakFiskKa

1 minute ago, NamakFiskKa said:

But you did cash in somebody else' homework and marketed your movie just like it.

You hired the same regional voice actor and you used the same theme in your dub trailer but your movie IS NOT JUST THAT.

Hell you played "Chaddi pehen k phool khila hai" and don't even get the color of its underwear right.

You marketed like it was my mogli but its #notmymowgli in by a mile. You just don't exploit someone's nostalgia like that

I hear you. Not many here will get it though, just how huge Jungle Book was for kids who grew up in the 90s in India. That is basically half the reason it did so well in India, those kids now have their own kids with whom they went to watch the movie during summer vacations.

3 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

You marketed like it was my mogli but its #notmymowgli in by a mile. You just don't exploit someone's nostalgia like that

I did? :thinking: 

• Like 1