Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Loooooooooooooooooool

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I think they should have kept the Origins in the title tbh.

Betting the final title will be something like Jungle Book: The saga continues or similar. Basically drawing a connection to the Disney movie without explicitly mentioning it.

45 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

What makes this a little worse is that they already shot the movie apparently. 

So, I guess if they cancel this, it's gonna be expensive.

They shot the movie one year ago :rofl: 

If this movie is actually good, as in really good, which I think it has a chance of being, then it has every chance of being profitable no matter what Disney's version is doing right now. Two years should give it enough distance to at least give it a chance of being judged for its own merits.

People calling for it to be cancelled are just silly. But then again, it is a silly situation.

• Like 3

On 6 avril 2016 at 6:44 PM, grim22 said:

I actually do believe him. They need the VFX to be top notch, else it will get compared unfavorably to the Disney version, and the more distance they can get from the Disney version the better for them as well. Won't be surprised if WETA gets some mega bonuses for this movie.

Weta is not working on the film to my knowledge.

They worked on Disney's Jungle Book so no surpise there.

Framestore is the main VFX vendor on this show.

Edited by The Futurist

On 4/18/2016 at 3:00 PM, The Futurist said:

Weta is not working on the film to my knowledge.

They worked on Disney's Jungle Book so no surpise there.

Framstore is the main VFX vendor on this show.

That is a bit of a surprise, I expected Weta to work on this.

But Framestore isn't bad. They've done some good work in the past.

Alfonso Cuaron Helping Warner Bros With ‘Jungle Book: Origins’
http://deadline.com/2016/04/alfonso-cuaron-jungle-book-warner-bros-andy-serkis-gravity-1201741319/

Now that Warner Bros has pushed the release of its version of Jungle Book, the studio and director Andy Serkis have prevailed upon none other than the Oscar winning Gravity director Alfonso Cuaron coming in to give notes on the project and see if there are ways to take the extra time to improve the picture. Insiders stress that Cuaron is a friend to the studio and there is sensitivity to this being misinterpreted as Cuaron taking over this movie. Production has been completed, but the filmmaker is doing this in an un-credited capacity. Why not? Benedict Cumberbatch, Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Matthew Rhys are part of the all star cast, with Serkis playing Baloo as well as helming and producing. Callie Khouri adapted the Rudyard Kipling tale.

• Like 4