Eric is Gay for Venom

VENOM: THE LAST DANCE WEEKEND THREAD

1 hour ago, AN9815 said:

The Venom movies are not great but they are a really fun time at the movies, something that could not be said about Morbius or Madame Web. The third one opening to ~$60m after so many superhero movies have absolutely bombed recently is a great result for the movie. 

Sony should be fine with at least $60M, especially given that this one doesn't have a real selling point, nor any external boosts to fall back on like the previous two movies. Still, the decline from the last movie means we likely won't get another one.

Speaking of Spider-Man characters...

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Avengers, Peter, Miles and Batman pt 2 all the same year.

Let's fucking go.

And Supergirl as well!

Spider-Verse 3 would definitely have been announced today if it was on track for 2026.

Also, I have a feeling at least Supergirl is going to move. That summer is insanely busy, and DC is in a fragile position where they cannot afford to take any risks whatsoever.

14 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I do not think we should discount the possibility of Kraven going sub 100M WW

it'll have December and probably won't be as bad as Madame Web or Morbius so I think 100M is a lock, 150M is what I'm drawing the line  at

Just now, cooldude97 said:

it'll have December and probably won't be as bad as Madame Web or Morbius so I think 100M is a lock, 150M is what I'm drawing the line  at

December is absolutely packed. I could easily see it flopping hard.

7 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

funny how as reports about Venom's lackluster box office returns come in sony drops the release date for spider-man 4 and somehow costumes "leaks" for their spider-man noir series 

The Spider-man movies rights are Sonyx̌s symbiote. 

40 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Spider-Verse 3 would definitely have been announced today if it was on track for 2026.

Also, I have a feeling at least Supergirl is going to move. That summer is insanely busy, and DC is in a fragile position where they cannot afford to take any risks whatsoever.

Wonder to were. Disney won't let December for anyone to grab. And we can expect another MCU flick early November. There's a Hunger Games movie in the pre Thanksgiving slot. The Holidays are probably booked.

Early September/Labor Day may be putting too close to Bats.

Guess if it's ready for Feb or March that could be a good spot.

46 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Whoever(Avi Arad?) is running the SPUMC division got really cocky after the first Venom's success. I bet Kraven was announced some time after it.

What they forgot is that Venom is the only Spiderverse supporting charecer who has a big following on his own,apart from Spidey. People will have, I predict no interest in seeing a Kraven movie without Spidey.

23 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Wonder to were. Disney won't let December for anyone to grab. And we can expect another MCU flick early November. There's a Hunger Games movie in the pre Thanksgiving slot. The Holidays are probably booked.

Early September/Labor Day may be putting too close to Bats.

Guess if it's ready for Feb or March that could be a good spot.

What, really? Hmm, I guess I should have expected that after the last one did relatively well. But what even is the story of this one?

It would be funny if they get another successful film out of what everyone thought was a dead franchise.