Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

17 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Every movie should strive for 5s, 6s, and 7s from curated test audiences.

Not even the mighty Endgame was able to achieve test scores in that range!

Bad films like Captain Marvel probably got similar scores from test screenings...Sadly for this film, it won't get the usual MCU positive reviews bump...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 3

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:26 PM, Hades said:

Bad films like Captain Marvel probably got similar scores from test screenings...Sadly for this film, it won't get the usual MCU positive reviews bump...

GOd, you still pushing the Bullshit Dinsey buys the critics Conspiracy Theory?

Sad thing is this guy probably thinks his obvious trolling makes him look really edgy and daring...

And given the inflated language that is standard for Twitter,  "It's Ok" might well mean "A couple of good scenes but it pretty much sucks".

• Like 2

On 8/26/2019 at 2:26 AM, Hades said:

You got evidence for this (that Captain Marvel, a movie completely unrelated to this one in every way, got similar test reactions) or are you just randomly making shit up again?

Edited by SpiderByte

On 8/26/2019 at 1:22 AM, Hades said:

The MCU worshippers want this to be the worst movie of all time...don't upset them

No one wants this movie to be the worst movie of all-time. Almost no one cares about this movie. People just can't help but comment on how badly this movie will perform. Personally, if it is released in the movie theater, I just hope Disney can earn their marketing expenses back. This thing has "money loser" written all over it.

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Walt Disney said:

No one wants this movie to be the worst movie of all-time. Almost no one cares about this movie. People just can't help but comment on how badly this movie will perform. Personally, if it is released in the movie theater, I just hope Disney can earn their marketing expenses back. This thing has "money loser" written all over it.

Don't worry Mr Iger, Artemis Fowl will show you the true meaning of Money Loser next year......Worry more about that....and learn how to market horror films...tall order, I know...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hades said:

Don't worry Mr Iger, Artemis Fowl will show you the true meaning of Money Loser next year......Worry more about that....and learn how to market horror films...tall order, I know...

Let’s see how well Disney markets Fear Street before we slam their horror marketing ability.

Disney has a couple of big flops every year..like every studio does. What a surprise.

The final figure that really matters is the overall annual earning statement...and I think Disney has little to worry about there.

15 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

Let’s see how well Disney markets Fear Street before we slam their horror marketing ability.

And you think Disney is stupid enough not to hire some people with experience in marketing horror movies for their upcoming horror releases.

Yes, Disney will probable make a couple of mistakes getting back in the R rated market (people forget they released R rated movies regularly from the mid 1980's until circa 2004) but they will correct those mistakes.

Even before the Fox deal, Iger had apparently decided that the decision to be "family friendly" for all of it's releases had served it's purpose, and the time had come for Disney to get back into the more adult film market. He was going to revive some of the dormant Disney Labels ("Touchstone" "Hollywood Films") to do this, but the Fox deal gave  him a perfect opportunity to get into the adult film market while preserving the Disney Label family friendly brand.

21 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

Not to mention that Fox Studios treated this film like it was a total mess. Good films don't sit on the shelf for two years.

If it does get a threatrical release, Disney will keep it's expenses to an absolute minimum, particularly after what happened with Dark Phoenix.

• Knock It Off 1

This is interesting. What are they gonna call the film now? 

https://movieweb.com/the-new-mutants-movie-not-connected-to-x-men-franchise/

"a new report claims that Marvel Studios, which is owned by Disney and is in effect, now in control of all of the Fox-owned Marvel properties, such as the X-Men and Fantastic Four, has removed all references to Fox's X-Men universe from The New Mutants."

"But why remove any cuts to the previous universe? This report, most interestingly, states that it's so Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, if he so chooses, can retcon these characters into the MCU at some point down the line."

Edited by TheGullsHaveBeaks

The title is going to stay the same, it's just small (from what I was told) references to the Fox films being removed. I was also told months ago that there was a definite chance that TNM could be part of the MCU, that Disney wanted Anya Taylor Joy for example for X-Force (which, as of a few months ago, was still being developed I believe). And now, it's becoming even more of a possibility after Disney was really surprised by how well the screening went. Of course, that also depends on the BO return, but the film only cost 45M, so it's bound to make some serious coin.

That same person also told me Boone is finally happy with the film, and that the cut screened is closer to his original vision, more horror was added, secret reshoots actually happened (with Boone of course) at some point, the action is also bigger, the third act is bigger, so this is all very good to hear for those, like me, who are really excited about the film. Blame Fox for sitting on the film for so long, and then the merger adding to the mess. 

May be wishful thinking, but I'd be ecstatic if we could end up seeing Boone's original NM trilogy happening. And it'd also be a cool thing to have them in their own corner of the MCU, have a really different, actually fresh and distinct feel to them, introduce mutants, and then have them crossover whenever they feel like it.

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

The title is going to stay the same, it's just small (from what I was told) references to the Fox films being removed. I was also told months ago that there was a definite chance that TNM could be part of the MCU, that Disney wanted Anya Taylor Joy for example for X-Force (which, as of a few months ago, was still being developed I believe). And now, it's becoming even more of a possibility after Disney was really surprised by how well the screening went. Of course, that also depends on the BO return, but the film only cost 45M, so it's bound to make some serious coin.

That same person also told me Boone is finally happy with the film, and that the cut screened is closer to his original vision, more horror was added, secret reshoots actually happened (with Boone of course) at some point, the action is also bigger, the third act is bigger, so this is all very good to hear for those, like me, who are really excited about the film. Blame Fox for sitting on the film for so long, and then the merger adding to the mess. 

May be wishful thinking, but I'd be ecstatic if we could end up seeing Boone's original NM trilogy happening. And it'd also be a cool thing to have them in their own corner of the MCU, have a really different, actually fresh and distinct feel to them, introduce mutants, and then have them crossover whenever they feel like it.

The budget will be bigger than $45M.