lilmac

What movies haven't you seen but you're afraid to admit?

Movies that you haven't seen all the way through but are either fan favorites or classics that everyone "should" have seen.I am embarassed to admit this but I've never seen the Wizard of Oz. Just tiny bits and pieces. I added it to my Netflix account though.

Citizen Kane. It just looks boring. GWTW. Ditto. I don't think I've sat through all of Blade Runner, it just can't keep my attention.Others:Raging BullTaxi DriverPrincess BrideShaun of the DeadSeven SamuraiAny Stanley Kubrick film other than 2001 and Full Metal Jacket(I've watched parts of Dr. Strangelove).

And let me say before this thread really gets going, that we refrain from attacking people for not seeing or liking one of your favorite films. This is not personal, this is just different people liking different things. "Universal Acclaim" is not truly universal. To each their own. ;)

Citizen Kane. It just looks boring. GWTW. Ditto. I don't think I've sat through all of Blade Runner, it just can't keep my attention.Others:Raging BullTaxi DriverPrincess BrideShaun of the DeadSeven SamuraiAny Stanley Kubrick film other than 2001 and Full Metal Jacket(I've watched parts of Dr. Strangelove).

If you liked the Social Network, you'll like Citizen Kane. Similar storyline. Orson Welles' direction and performance are both great. I actually prefer his performance over his direction. His character is all over the map from very charming to complete asshole.Meanwhile, the biggest ones I can think of on my list are Seven Samurai and Lawrence of Arabia.

If you liked the Social Network, you'll like Citizen Kane. Similar storyline. Orson Welles' direction and performance are both great. I actually prefer his performance over his direction. His character is all over the map from very charming to complete asshole.Meanwhile, the biggest ones I can think of on my list are Seven Samurai and Lawrence of Arabia.

Hmmm, an archaic version of Social Network? Yeah, think I'll pass. I liked TSN, but only for one viewing and mainly because of the curiosity factor and topical themes. Watching TSN with none of that sounds like an exercise in spoon to eye gouging. ;)

If you liked the Social Network, you'll like Citizen Kane. Similar storyline. Orson Welles' direction and performance are both great. I actually prefer his performance over his direction. His character is all over the map from very charming to complete asshole.

Meanwhile, the biggest ones I can think of on my list are Seven Samurai and Lawrence of Arabia.

Uhhhh...no. TSN has real acting in it and a real story and it doesn't put you to sleep. CK has over acting and the kind of story and pace that will make you want to take a swarm of bees and shove them down your pants, in the hope that the pain you are about to feel will alleviate the one that you are feeling for convincing yourself to watch this piece of garbage,

This doesn't really count but I only saw ET for the first time a couple months ago. I'm sure if I had seen it when I was a kid I would've loved it, but it was just OK.

I can see that. I was close to Elliott's age so...yeah, one of my all time favorites.

i wouldnt say afraid more like embarassed to admit as i pride myself on been a movie addictschindler's list, taxi driver, one flew over the cuckoo's nest,the piano(anna paquin oscar role), annie hall a few others...i saw the pianist just last december for the first time on tv and was very upset the story was just sad and i couldnt believe i had waited that long to see such a well directed/written film, adrien brody deserved that oscar! i vaguely remember being upset someone else didnt win! -_-

In addition to Wizard of Oz,1. Gone with the Wind2. Dr Strangelove (bits and pieces)3. Bridge on the River Kwai4. Superman I (I've prob seen 90% of it but not all the way through in one sitting)5. Casablanca6. Godfather 37. A Streetcar Named Desire8. Philadelphia9. Harry Potter movies10. Twilight moviesAlso, I hear one is SUPPOSED to see Sixth Sense for a 2nd time due to the ending but I've only seen it once. :)

The are quite a few classics I haven't seen, I guess the ones I'm ashamed to admit are The Exorcist, Taxi Driver, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Psycho, The Big Lebowski and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.