lilmac

What movies haven't you seen but you're afraid to admit?

Lots of movies but most embarrassingly, Star Wars. None of them. I watch much more tv then I do movies... :ban:

Here where I live I can watch stuff like SW, Godfather, Casablanca and so an at least once a year on TV.Don't get it. Is it harder to catch those classics on american television?

Here where I live I can watch stuff like SW, Godfather, Casablanca and so an at least once a year on TV.Don't get it. Is it harder to catch those classics on american television?

I am still looking for statistics how often are those mvies on TV? If someone has a link, please ost.

Haven't seen these ones: which according to IMDB, are rated highly by people.The Shawshank RedemptionThe Godfather (s)Star WarsGoodfellasany Indiana Jonesany Star Warsany Star TrekBut I'm not afraid to admit it. They don't appeal to me in the slightest.

I've never been able to finish GWTW. Simply because Scarlet comes across as such a spoiled b***.... that, honestly, I don't care if she redeems herself. My wife tries to convince me that Scarlet grows up during the course of the film, but from the moment she tried to steal Ashley away... just because she wanted to... I thought, "She's a b**** and I don't care what happens to her. Hopefully she dies."

I'll second that. Anyone who thinks they're missing something cause they haven't seen Citizen Kane really need not worry. It's mind numbingly boring. Gotta be the most overrated movie in history, at least by the critics.

First time I saw it (when I was a teenager) I hated it. Second time I saw it (in college), I loved it.I do think you need to have an appreciation of film history to really get into it, though. It did so many things that we now take for granted, and it was just a crazy brash way for Welles to bust into Hollywood.

Depends on how many channels you have.

First time I saw it (when I was a teenager) I hated it. Second time I saw it (in college), I loved it.I do think you need to have an appreciation of film history to really get into it, though. It did so many things that we now take for granted, and it was just a crazy brash way for Welles to bust into Hollywood.

Absolutely. First time I saw Citizen Kane was in an "American Film" college course in the early '90s. I would NOT have thought much of it had it not been for the professor pointing out all of the groundbreaking film techniques being INVENTED during this film. So many things that are simply commonplace cinematography now. Edited by MagnetMan

You really must rent Goodfellas. Such a cool and great mafia/mobster movie. First there was Godfather, when there was Goodfellas. it's one of the best Scorsese movies, while Reservoir Dogs, Close Encounters are not the best movies from their directors.Gee, and I have never seen Princess Bride written by Goldman. Was never on TV where I live.

My list of shame.. *sigh*15. The Bridge on River Kwai14. Pans Labyrinth13. Manhattan12. Taxi Driver 11. Anything by Jean Luc Godard10. Anything by Akira Kurosawa9. Anything by Federico Fellini 8. Anything by Ken Loach7. The Shining6. Alien5. Fight Club4. Schindlers List3. Apocalypse Now2. The Godfather II1. The Shawshank Redemption

My list of shame.. *sigh*14. Pans Labyrinth12. Taxi Driver7. The Shining6. Alien5. Fight Club2. The Godfather II1. The Shawshank Redemption

These are all some of my all time favs. Watch them all ASAP! BTW, how could you watch Godfather and never have a desire to watch part II? :P

None lol. I remember reading an article about the top five movies people lie about seeing and I thought "really??"But there are definitely films that I know I need to see, especially if I consider myself a film lover. I still haven't seen Citizen Kane, Seven Samarai, and the Hustler. Going to probably watch them this summer.

Edited by Clavius