Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

She looks cool as a redhead. I always thought she should be a lot taller for the movie. She has no super powers so at least she wouldn't look so petite and dimuntive next to all of the guys.

A woman doesn't have to be tall.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Ugh. I hate that title. As I said before, they apparently wanted to avoid any confusion with The Avengers film based on the TV series that came out in 1998. But I don't see one aspect of this film that is anywhere close to that one. Not one...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Oh right...

Sorry, one more thing:

Posted Image

:lol:

Will be happy as hell to see SM3's Saturday admissions record go down in flames. Piece of shit didn't deserve it. :P

5 years later, i'm still quite sad reading this in the same sentence.

Things should have been different!

Wasted opportunity forever...

how do you figure that noctice, show calculations

60% of Avengers revenue is coming from 3D. Even conservative estimates have 3D prices at 30% higher than 2D. So with that in mind, it provides a boost of approximately 16% to the gross. Divide $200m by 1.16 and you get $172m, which is pretty much where SM3 and TDKR adjust to with inflation. Shawn wrote an article about it earlier this week and came to the same conclusion.

http://boxofficetheory.com/2012/04/30/2012-summer-preview/

3D prices are certainly going to contribute, and while I’m not going to officially predict it (yet?), this is the first time in history we can seriously talk about a $200 million opening weekend. One need only look at the openings of The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 3 to figure out how: each one adjusts to approximately $172-173 million when accounting for ticket price inflation since their respective releases. If you add an additional 15% from 3D prices that Avengers should boast (and the other two did not), we then see the magical $200 million threshold is within reach. Its not a matter anymore of whether or not that figure is possible, its just a matter of demand.