Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

I don't think TDKR touches this.

Almost certainly not. When it was in the 185m ballpark it had a chance, but without 3D forget it now. Still, WB will at least be happy they stuck their trailer on the film. Edited by Hatebox

Records that The Avengers will take ~26~ (possibly more!)Opening WeekendOpening WeekSecond WeekendsSummer OpeningSaturday GrossSunday GrossSummerSummer Opening Summer StartsMay OpeningRate PG-13Widest GapOpening Weeked Biggest GapsTop Theatre Averages - Wide Release2-Day Gross3-Day Gross4-Day Gross5-Day Gross 6-Day Gross 7-Day Gross 8-Day Gross 9-Day Gross 10-Day Gross Fastest to $100MFastest to $150MFastest to $200M Fastest to $250M Fastest to $300M

OMG, 200 million OW really happened! OMG! TDKR is so not going to be able to top this. Nor is TH. This record is going to stand for a while. I am so amazed. And BKB, I bow down to you. I take back whatever I said about OW record not being a lock. WIth 200m OW, the OW record was definitely locked to go down! :)TA has staked its claim in the record books, and its challenging any contenders to try and match the impossibly high bar it has set. Batman? Huh, we have a Hulk!!! :D

Edited by Eldenfirefly

Records that The Avengers will take ~26~ (possibly more!)Opening WeekendOpening WeekSecond WeekendsSummer OpeningSaturday GrossSunday GrossSummerSummer OpeningSummer StartsMay OpeningRate PG-13Widest GapOpening Weeked Biggest GapsTop Theatre Averages - Wide Release2-Day Gross3-Day Gross4-Day Gross5-Day Gross6-Day Gross7-Day Gross8-Day Gross9-Day Gross10-Day GrossFastest to $100MFastest to $150MFastest to $200MFastest to $250MFastest to $300M

Too true.

I don't think TDKR touches this.

$200 million has been the dream opening for TDKR since the TDK opening weekend four years ago.Now that we know this type of opening is fully possible, the sky is no longer the limit.I just love that TDKR has a shot at such a large opening.

Gitesh Pandya ‏ @giteshpandya

#151.5M intl wknd for #Avengers, $441.5M intl cume, $641.8M global total in just 12 days. May smash $1B next week!

It won't reach 1B next week, maybe 950M... but...

WHAT A FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE PERFORMANCE!!!

• Like 1