Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

This destroys the adjusted opening weekend too. We're really dealing with a monster here.

No it doesn't. This got $30m of 3D boost that neither SM3 nor TDK had. Both of them adjust over $200m (in fact, over $205m) when you give them a 60% 3D share like Avengers. It did come way closer than Potter, that's for damn sure.

$200 million has been the dream opening for TDKR since the TDK opening weekend four years ago.Now that we know this type of opening is fully possible, the sky is no longer the limit.I just love that TDKR has a shot at such a large opening.

I dunno if it seriously does. That is such a high bar now without 3D

No it doesn't. This got $30m of 3D boost that neither SM3 nor TDK had. Both of them adjust over $200m (in fact, over $205m) when you give them a 60% 3D share like Avengers. It did come way closer than Potter, that's for damn sure.

What are the admissions though?

"No it doesn't. This got $30m of 3D boost that neither SM3 nor TDK had. Both of them adjust over $200m (in fact, over $205m) when you give them a 60% 3D share like Avengers. It did come way closer than Potter, that's for damn sure."Anyway we cut it is around the two epic openers in tickets sales...

HP8's opening looks rather weak now huh? (where is noctis lol)

What are the admissions though?

Spizzer said last night it would need around $207m to beat the 22m admissions of SM3 and TDK. I was hoping for $210m so we could definitely say it pulled it off. You never know though, with numbers this big the actual could end up $10m higher.

Hmm. Does this actually break TDK/SM3's admissions records? With a 60% 3D share as reported last Friday, the average ticket price for this movie would have been ~$9.95, which puts admissions at 20.13m. TDK/SM3 did 22m. That doesn't even include IMAX 3D which probably contributed something like 20m. I don't like downplaying a spectacular opening, but this really goes to show how valuable 3D inflation can be for movies people really want to go to.