Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Ahhhhh why must I have a 9-5 shift today of all days!!!Motherfucking bastards!! Its 7.30am and I am so tempted to call in sick just to watch this kick some $200 million dollar ass!!!

Go to work :whip:
  • Like 1

Robin ‏ @Prawah

Avengers Tonight...IMAX Universal Tickets already sold out

June D ‏ @June_Duo

Noooo avengers tickets sold out for the TEN O'CLOCK screening! This is ridiculous....

Here are my SOTM answers:

1) Will The Avengers make more than 22.5 mill for midnights? Yes <Wrong

2) Will The Avengers make more than 27 mill for midnights? Yes <Wrong

3) Will The Avengers make more than 30 mill for midnights? No <Wrong

4) Will The Avengers set the midnights record? No <Right!

5) Will The Avengers set any daily or opening record this weekend (midnight, OD, Saturday, Sunday or opening weekend)? Yes <Right!

6) Will The Avengers have a Friday of more than 68.5 mill? Yes <Right!

7) Will The Avengers drop more than 15% on Saturday? Yes <Pending

8) Will The Avengers have a Sunday drop of more than 30%? No <Pending

9) Will The Avengers have a Sunday gross of more than 45 mill? Yes <Right, most likely.

10) Will The Avengers make more than 160 mill this weekend? Yes <Right, most likely.

11) Will The Avengers have a WW weekend (as reported by THR on Sunday, only estimates will count) of more than 225 mill?4000 Yes

12) Will The Avengers WW total be more than 400 mill as reported by THR, only estimates will count? No

13) Will The Avengers open to more than 15 mill in RUSSIA (as reported by THR and only estimates will count)? Yes

14) Will The Avengers Friday total gross be at least 2.7 times bigger than it's midnight gross? Yes <Right!

15) Will The Hunger Games have a drop of less than 40%? No

16) Will Five Year Engagement finish number 2 for the weekend? No

17) Will The Raven have a Friday increase of more than 125%? Yes

18) Will any film increase by more than 60% on Saturday? Yes

19) Will Nikki's FIRST Friday number (not her midnight report, but actual Friday report ) have The Avengers making more than 5 mill more than the real estimate reported by Boxofficemojo.com FOR THE FRIDAY NUMBER? 3000 Yes

20) Will American Reunion have a Saturday increase of more than 40%? No

The Midnight numbers really messed me up, but I think I did pretty well afterwards.

If It's saturday drop is more than 15% (lets say 16%) and it's Sunday drop is less than 30% (lets say 29%), it's numbers should be like this (according to my answers):

Friday: $80.5m

Saturday: $67.6m

Sunday: $48m

Weekend: $196.1m.

Holy shit..

Where do you guys count sellouts?

You live in America and you don't know?Go on Fandango, type in a location, and count the showtimes that are crossed out... Edited by Heretic

Where do you guys count sellouts?

A lot of theaters you can click on the showtime to buy tickets, if it will not let you, then it is sold out.

No, that is just business day. We did about 750 for the midnights, so this is on pace to match all of Friday.

Will be fucking hilarious if it hits $80m Saturday. Proof that WOM spreads faster than ever before. That's a 29% increase over non-midnight Friday.

You live in America and you don't know?Go on Fandango, type in a location, and count the showtimes that are crossed out...

Not everyone knows that though.