Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

TA doesn't have emotional attachment and depth, but it's a great summer popcorn flick. That's what people need now, to be entertained. It's gonna have good legs as well. But Oscar talk, give me a break. Even Joss Whedon would laugh at that.

That's why it got OW record by a mile, most are there to be entertained and I felt it was strong in action, visuals, and comidic banter. Nothing wrong with that as your focus, was true to what people wanted to see

All this 'depth' talk is making me feel sad. Halloween is no longer my favourite movie because all movies need depth and Halloween has the emotional depth of a tampon. Depth is a fundamental requirement for every movie I guess so Star Wars, Indy and the like need to hand in their 'classic' statuses.

No one is saying the film required depth. It needed heart, and it didn't have much of it. Witty banter isn't heart. It doesn't make you feel for them.

Most audience won't anymoreBKB was right this was going to biggest thing ever. I have a feeling he was right about no going to want to see TDKR anymore.

On the off chance you're serious, please stop talking rubbish.

We'll see, we'll see. I think its going to surprise a lot of people. It all comes down to the quality of the film. Everything else it needs is already set.

Sure... it will surprise a lot of people... but not in the way you think. Everybody seems to be predicting 1.3B+ for this, so it will surprise them when it misses 1.2B.

Lack of provocation and lack of depth are not remotely the same thing.

Oh really? Maybe in your opinion but in my personal movie going experience, I look for whether it made me think and how much did I care about the characters. How are those so unrelated in evaluating what I said ?

I find it funny that people are downing their TDKR predictions, because TA broke out. Logic says you should increase whatever predictions you had for TDKR. Disney is known to be the cheater studio, so I'm sure they'll find a way to keep TA over 200m.

• Disbelief 1

Oh, and TDKR trailer got a huge reaction at my theater. Lots of applause. More than the end of The Avengers. The biggest applause came from the infamous Hulk/Loki scene.

Sure... it will surprise a lot of people... but not in the way you think. Everybody seems to be predicting 1.3B+ for this, so it will surprise them when it misses 1.2B.

You say it like it's fact. I see it doing over 1.4bn. Edited by Heretic
  • Disbelief 1

No one is saying the film required depth. It needed heart, and it didn't have much of it. Witty banter isn't heart. It doesn't make you feel for them.

The film had plenty of heart. Protagonists don't need to monologue for audiences to feel for them. Sorry that you didn't.
  • Like 2

Stop with the spoilers guys, even in GIFs. :rulez: :rulez: :rulez: :rulez: :rulez:

That smiley is brilliant. I love all the improvements to this forum. Edited by C00k13