Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Me 2But i still wan´t Avengers to gross more

I would rather TDKR since it really only blockbuster I cared about for a long time. So I was hoping it was going to win. Just imagine how big Avengers 2 and 3 will be.I say again WB should done JLA instead of TDKR. Sure it would be a worst movie but they made more money.
  • Disbelief 1

The film had plenty of heart. Protagonists don't need to monologue for audiences to feel for them. Sorry that you didn't.

How many times do you have to say "sorry that you didn't"? Sweetheart, plenty of the people who loved The Avengers admit there was very little emotional connection to the characters. The action, humor, and visuals was what got them to enjoy it.

It had plenty of heart.

Well clearly you're wrong because there's some witty banter and no one stands around weeping for extended periodsGOD
  • Like 1

How many times do you have to say "sorry that you didn't"? Sweetheart, plenty of the people who loved The Avengers admit there was very little emotional connection to the characters. The action, humor, and visuals was what got them to enjoy it.

As many times as I need to apparently.

Please write who the plenty of people are, cause while not Oscar material, for most people I know the movie had plenty of heart. Edited by Shantal

I would rather TDKR since it really only blockbuster I cared about for a long time. So I was hoping it was going to win. Just imagine how big Avengers 2 and 3 will be.I say again WB should done JLA instead of TDKR. Sure it would be a worst movie but they made more money.

Wait, so you're assuming a JLA movie would make more than TDKR? That might be one of the dumbest assumptions I've seen on here. The last time WB attempted to ripoff a Marvel movie, we ended up with Green Lantern. That one was a gigantic flop. TDKR is guaranteed to make $800m worldwide. The same cannot be said of a JLA movie by any means.

Most audience won't anymoreBKB was right this was going to biggest thing ever. I have a feeling he was right about no going to want to see TDKR anymore.

You seem to be turning against TDKR with every passing day, is it reverse phychology?

TA didn't have much emotional depth at all. Nor were the dramatic stakes really felt. But it did have heart -- from the chemistry of the cast to the pre-existing character development from the earlier films. And Whedon was smart enough to give each of 'em (well, most of 'em) little mini-arcs so there was some emotional depth (albeit nothing dramatic).

This method should work, percentage of admissions divide by ticket price for each formatAvengers200[0.52/10.83 (3D) + 0.4/7.83 (2D) + 0.12/15.4 (IMAX)] = 21.37 million ticketsDark Knight(158.4 - 6.3)/7.18 (2D) + 6.3/14.2 (IMAX) = 21.63 million tickets