Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

i was at a chicken place in charlotte and when i walked in, some guy had the nerve to hand me a bootleg movie list of like 50+ movies! 21JS, TLAM, even AVENGERS! i wanted to punch him square. He even gave me a movie for free, Joyful Noise, i told my dad to throw it away. He had a whole bag full of movies and people coming in and out were buying them, i think a lady asked about Avengers but i dont think he had it there. why are people so fucking lazy and cheap, go buy a damn ticket! this guy was scamming disks on 80+ year olds! the industry really has to crack down on piracy- send undercover guys into places like that, google sites, like pirate bay, and get them shut down, its not that hard! if a simple 17 year old video game nerd can find movies online, im sure the govt or someone with legal power can. sorry for the rant guys, i just hate piracy, i can understand when the movie is on HV, but not while its still in theaters, i want to work in Hollywood and i wouldnt want people stealing from me. Plus piracy is a factor in the industries declines over the years, especially music. DB's.

I thought you lived in Wisconsin?

The OW record holders I've seen in the cinema:The AvengersHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part IIThe Dark KnightSpider-Man 3Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's ChestHarry Potter and the Sorceror's StoneThe Lost World: Jurassic ParkBatman Forever Jurassic ParkBatman ReturnsBatman

I think you're upset that TDKR has a much lower chance of beating TA and have a really, really weird way of dealing with it.

Plus after the reviews I been excited for this movie. I am seeing this Wednesday night. Everybody I know says this is a good movie.

The OW record holders I've seen in the cinema:The AvengersHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part IIThe Dark KnightSpider-Man 3Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's ChestHarry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone

Well this is interesting, how many Opening Weekend Records have you seen on the Big Screen.

For me, I missed the early classics (Jaws, Star Wars, Star Trek II, Temple of Doom (too violent):

Return of the Jedi (saw it with my mom, who's sooo not a Star Wars or science-fiction person. LOL)

Indy & the Last Crusade: one of the first films I was counting down the days till it was released.

Ghostbusters II: very disappointing; but that was OK because literally a couple of weeks later---

Batman: wasn't anticipating this as much because I wasn't much of a comic guy back then, but I was blown away by it.

(edit: T2, which I think held the 5-day record briefly; in any case, it was one of those films that absolutely dominates a summer)

Batman Returns: generally loved it (although I increasingly disliked the whole Penguin subplot on repeat viewings)

Jurassic Park: 'nuff said. I was a big fan of the book, and so my first screening was with an odd group of people: not only my friends, but some adult friends of the family who loved the book too. Saw it in theaters 9 times, and if I was going to see something else, a lot of times I'd duck into a JP show to see if I could catch the T-Rex jeep attack again.

Batman Forever: liked it, but was pretty lukewarm toward it.

Lost World: Jurassic Park: It gets a bad rap, but I actually like it, for the most part. Still has some amazing action scenes (the dual T-Rex trailer attack).

Harry Potter / Sorcerer's Stone: Meh. Hadn't read the books, felt the movie was incredibly lame.

Spider-Man: enjoyed it, but didn't fall in love with it.

Pirates / Dead Man's Chest: I'm in the minority in that I think it's slightly better than Curse of the Black Pearl. The triple sword fight extravaganza is one for the ages.

Spider-Man 3: Absolutely terrible; the worst of big-budget studio filmmaking -- bland, a giant mess, overlong, and hideously generic.

Dark Knight: stunning; seeing it in IMAX was one of the most impressive and immersive experiences I've ever had in a theater.

Harry Potter / Deathly Hallows 2: not as much of a fan as most; it felt rushed and I didn't really emotionally connect with it (with some exceptions).

The Avengers: very entertaining; fun summer movie.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

i was at a chicken place in charlotte and when i walked in, some guy had the nerve to hand me a bootleg movie list of like 50+ movies! 21JS, TLAM, even AVENGERS! i wanted to punch him square. He even gave me a movie for free, Joyful Noise, i told my dad to throw it away. He had a whole bag full of movies and people coming in and out were buying them, i think a lady asked about Avengers but i dont think he had it there. why are people so fucking lazy and cheap, go buy a damn ticket! this guy was scamming disks on 80+ year olds! the industry really has to crack down on piracy- send undercover guys into places like that, google sites, like pirate bay, and get them shut down, its not that hard! if a simple 17 year old video game nerd can find movies online, im sure the govt or someone with legal power can. sorry for the rant guys, i just hate piracy, i can understand when the movie is on HV, but not while its still in theaters, i want to work in Hollywood and i wouldnt want people stealing from me. Plus piracy is a factor in the industries declines over the years, especially music. DB's.

I hate people like that. I hate people who live unfairly.

Nah I do not care about that. I predicted TA was going to do 550m in the summer game. TDKR needs to make a billion to knock Alice. Avtar can make a billion even though I do not like. I do not to be the highest grossing film fuck james cameron. But we need more critical recieve films to knock films like Alice, Pirates, Transformers out the top 10 WW. Hopefully The Hobbit, TDKR can do this year.

Lol dude, stop with the Avatar talk. Avengers is NOT making 760m.

The OW record holders I've seen in the cinema:The AvengersHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part IIThe Dark KnightSpider-Man 3Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's ChestHarry Potter and the Sorceror's StoneThe Lost World: Jurassic ParkBatman ForeverJurassic ParkBatman ReturnsBatman

You are ooooold, lady.

The OW record holders I've seen in the cinema:The AvengersHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part IIThe Dark KnightSpider-Man 3Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's ChestHarry Potter and the Sorceror's StoneThe Lost World: Jurassic ParkBatman ForeverJurassic ParkBatman ReturnsBatman

I don't think I've seen any of those films on their opening weekend except the Dark Knight. Everything else I saw the next weekend.

Going back to Batman '89 when I was 3, I've seen every record breaker in the theater except for the two Potter flicks. Sorry Noctis. :P

I still think you'll end up liking the films way more than you care to imagine. Can I show you two scene?LMFAO. It's a disease! I can't stop making people love Potter! LOOOOOL