CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

"@ERCboxoffice

Marvel's THE AVENGERS has joined the 1%--$1 billion worldwide!!! Int'l: $628.9M - Domestic: $373.2M"

It made 96 million more overseas this weekend ? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

More.....

FUCKING FANTASTIC!!

And it took me a while to try and ignore the admissions argument for this kind of thing. It gets even murkier when you have different ticket prices for different movies nowadays. The only way you can judge it is on dollars. People still have to part with it. Hell, you can argue Titanic wouldn't have sold as many tickets as it did if it was as expensive as it is today. Different era. We're in a recession for crying out loud. That's got to count for something?

The only way you CAN'T judge it is in dollars. There's something called inflation out there. Ben-Hur in 59 had a huge 15 million dollar budget. Try to make the same flick with that money today...And the recession argument doesn't matter either. In the Great Depression people went to the movies more often than today.

BTW, with regards to the weekends-all-in-one-thread deal, I think this would work much better if the first post of the thread (not just the thread title, since so little could be said in a title) is updated with each significant piece of incoming news.* Otherwise, trying to find out what's going on in these large threads is just horribly unmanageable.

* Ideally, each update adds to the post instead of wiping out the previous information, so that people could at a glance see how the numbers and predictions changed as the thread evolved and so that the context to the earlier posts could be preserved.

• Like 5

So any real competition coming overseas soon???"How in the hell did this get a 96m int'l weekend? It's already opened everywhere, right? What kind of drop is that?"Well nothing big overseas and this is a film overseas audiences love.

Edited by Lordmandeep

seriously 1BILLION IN 19 DAYS :blink: get out of here :pounce: !!!!someone needs to pop that champagne gif again :wave: ok guys see you later, i have to get ready if i'm gonna have lunch and make it on time for 2pm showing of AVENGERS

But DH2 had day and date release or something, no? yet TA caught up with it.

Avengers opened overseas an entire week (9 days in some markets) EARLIER than DH2. DH2 opened day and date in every market except for China.

So any real competition coming overseas soon???"How in the hell did this get a 96m int'l weekend? It's already opened everywhere, right? What kind of drop is that?"Well nothing big overseas and this is a film overseas audiences love.

37% drop. AMAZING!!!

seriously 1BILLION IN 19 DAYS :blink: get out of here :pounce: !!!!someone needs to pop that champagne gif again :wave: ok guys see you later, i have to get ready if i'm gonna have lunch and make it on time for 2pm showing of AVENGERS

Wow, it already passed The Dark Knight WW and it's still rolling on. :blink:

If Avatar made 750M and tied TDK with ticket sales how can Avengers beat it?

If you Google it, there are reoprts of anything from AVATAR selling 5mil to 9mil more tickets than TDK. The difference between each films gross is about 230mil and even if AVATAR had been a 3D ONLY film, it wouldn't be 230mil ahead of TDK if they had sold the same amount of tickets so it sold quite a few more obviously.