Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I just want good actors for the adult roles, I don't care about whether they are A-list or not as the film sales itself. Spend that money on the actual movie.

Many A listers actually suck in movies like IT (out of their prestige flick comfort zone). They don't get the horror genre so they end up either playing it too serious or too campy. I never liked Fassbender in X Men cause he doesn't have the right measure of serious and wink, wink that McKellen captured. MCU is so successful cause their actors get that. Most of them are not the A List and therefore don't worry what anyone is going to think/try to act like they are in a Weinstein Oscar bait. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I think 2019 is more likely. They can either go for September 6th 2019 or September 13th 2019.

If IT 2 is 2019 and Bond is a WB movie, 2019 will be a helluva year for them.

I think Michael Fassbender is terrific in the X-Men movies so I vehemently disagree with you on that.

I do agree that the idea that someone is going to be better in the role because they're A-list or even because they are a great actor is absurd. I'm always a proponent for the right person for the right role regardless of what knee-jerk reactionary fans think when that person is cast.

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think Michael Fassbender is terrific in the X-Men movies so I vehemently disagree with you on that.

I do agree that the idea that someone is going to be better in the role because they're A-list or even because they are a great actor is absurd. I'm always a proponent for the right person for the right role regardless of what knee-jerk reactionary fans think when that person is cast.

Agreed. 

Having not read the book or seen the miniseries, which would be the most important adult character from the losers club to cast in Part 2?

The reason I ask is i've seen lots of big-screen sexy names thrown around, and they surely wont have the budget to get every one of them. So if the director had to choose 1-2 to zero in on for casting due to importance to the story, or go all out in budget to get, which would they be?

(Ive seen lots of Jessica Chastain / Amy Adams suggestions for Bev - but would she actually be one of the main characters in any part 2? Or would it be a waste because most of the adult story deals with XX instead etc).

Edited by Tyrian

56 minutes ago, Tyrian said:

Having not read the book or seen the miniseries, which would be the most important adult character from the losers club to cast in Part 2?

The reason I ask is i've seen lots of big-screen sexy names thrown around, and they surely wont have the budget to get every one of them. So if the director had to choose 1-2 to zero in on for casting due to importance to the story, or go all out in budget to get, which would they be?

(Ive seen lots of Jessica Chastain / Amy Adams suggestions for Bev - but would she actually be one of the main characters in any part 2? Or would it be a waste because most of the adult story deals with XX instead etc).

I think Bill and Bev (and maybe Richie) have the most complete arcs in the book. If we get any name actors, it'll be for one of those three. Adult Bev in particular has someone in her life who is an essential driver of the main plot of Part 2 so it might be the juiciest role.

I can definitely see Chastain boarding Part 2 of this - she's worked with the director before and is very fond of him, is supportive of this project in particular, isn't below signing on for franchise flicks (X-Men) the way say, an Oscar-bait actress like Amy Adams would be.

Edited by snarkmachine

4 hours ago, snarkmachine said:

I think Bill and Bev (and maybe Richie) have the most complete arcs in the book. If we get any name actors, it'll be for one of those three. Adult Bev in particular has someone in her life who is an essential driver of the main plot of Part 2 so it might be the juiciest role.

I can definitely see Chastain boarding Part 2 of this - she's worked with the director before and is very fond of him, is supportive of this project in particular, isn't below signing on for franchise flicks (X-Men) the way say, an Oscar-bait actress like Amy Adams would be.

1. Amy Adams isn't an Oscar bait actress

2. She's in the DCEU, so she isn't below this stuff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Now, I understand, why you has underestimated WW all this time.

Sometimes, Marvel-fanboy is so innocent...

Lmao I'm not a fucking Marvel fanboy. The poster was saying Amy Adams does Oscar-bait and doesn't do blockbusters, so I had to correct him. Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with trashing my Wonder Woman predictions nearly three months later, you'd have realized what my post was about.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

1. Amy Adams isn't an Oscar bait actress

2. She's in the DCEU, so she isn't below this stuff

I completely forgot about Superman...:jeb!:

I still think she won't ever in a million years sign up for this. Horror movies are still seen as a cut below in the industry.

Just now, snarkmachine said:

I completely forgot about Superman...:jeb!:

I still think she won't ever in a million years sign up for this. Horror movies are still seen as a cut below in the industry.

Nowadays? I don't think so. Horror has come a long way over the past few years.

• Like 1

I've been browsing around various cities in Florida looking at sales and I've noticed that most shows haven't even sold 10 seats for that Thursday. This is why I would err on the side of caution when it comes to how it's placing on the charts considering hardly anyone is buying movie tickets at all at the moment.

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nowadays? I don't think so. Horror has come a long way over the past few years.

True. Maybe if IT is a truly zeitgeist-y hit that stays in the cultural consciousness for a long time like GET OUT, they could attract some A-list stars.

Speaking as a longtime Stephen King fan though, I don't see that happening.