Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm starting to believe the $100M+ hype train you some of you guys are riding. North Shore Cinema never has sell outs for anything presale related since Rogue One. Let alone 2.

BOT (including me) a week before any major tentpole comes out:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Always good to get a ringing endorsement from one of the biggest stars in the world.  I wonder which project they are going to work on together.  

Before anyone even gets any kind of ideas, The Rock will not be one of the adults in the second movie.  He doesn't come close to fitting into one of the roles.

The Rock for Ben Hanscom plz

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm starting to believe the $100M+ hype train you some of you guys are riding. North Shore Cinema never has sell outs for anything presale related since Rogue One. Let alone 2.

Could we see this happen again?  Lower numbers, but similar in defying predictions (esp the 60Ms)

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline.com/2016/02/deadpool-zoolander-2-how-to-be-single-valentines-weekend-box-office-1201699895/amp/

"An R-rated supehero movie in the dead of winter blowing the top off the B.O. is highly unusual. That’s why projections were so low on Deadpool. The last R-rated comic book properties to play the first quarter of the year were Warner Bros. Watchmen ($55.2M opening) in 2009 and 300 ($70.9M) in 2007. Given Deadpool‘s strong tracking, if the film was rated PG-13, that would have prompted estimates to be in the $125M-$150M range.

“An R-rated superhero film like this had never been done before. And when it’s never been done before, it’s hard to comp and predict. You’re doing something that’s never been done. It’s like you throw the rulebook out the window,” said Fox domestic distribution chief Chris Aronson on Deadpool’s tracking.

“That R gave everyone pause for concern,” said one rival distribution insider this morning, “Then throw in Valentine’s Day on Sunday and a holiday Monday and it is really hard to predict. We all knew it would be great but calling a performance this strong is just not possible.”

• Like 1

This may have been posted already, but I just saw it today, at Hollywood and Vine. You can't read the black 'billboard' with red lettering in the right hand portion very well, but this is an It advertising piece.  I thought it was kind of cool!

B4eiwXA.jpg

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1