Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this miniseries is one of the reasons this is tracking so huge. People remember watching it when it came out, unlike other miniseries it has re aired on TV multiple times since it came out, and there are memes of Tim Curry's Pennywise everywhere, 

So this the Star Wars VII/Jurassic World/BatB with Emma Watson of the horror genre I guess.

A movie that s gonna explode because

NOSTALGIA !!!

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this miniseries is one of the reasons this is tracking so huge. People remember watching it when it came out, unlike other miniseries it has re aired on TV multiple times since it came out, and there are memes of Tim Curry's Pennywise everywhere, 

The miniseries is a huge part of why people are excited about this movie. If this were a movie just based on King's book without the miniseries, I think it would open with 25 million at best.

Best and worst case scenarios for It:

It Goes Into Maximum Overdrive

Sep 8: 90M (27M weekdays, 117M Total)

Sep 15: 45M (13M weekdays, 175M Total)

Sep 22: 24M (7M weekdays, 206M Total)

Sep 29: 14.5M (4.2M weekdays, 224.7M Total)

Oct 6: 8M (2.3M weekdays, 235M Total)

Oct 13: 4.4M (1.3M weekdays, 240.7M Total)

Oct 20: 2.2M (700k weekdays, 243.6M Total)

Oct 27: 1.3M (500k weekdays, 245.4M Total)

Nov 3: 600k (200k weekdays, 246.2M Total)

Final Total: 250M (2.78x)

What is this scenario focused on? The best case scenario and taking us all by surprise.

Can this happen? Probably not. This scenario is assuming that It isn't frontloaded and the competition in September and Early October (including several other horror films) does not affect It. I don't think a 90M OW is unreasonable anymore (still unlikely to happen), but that's going to take A LOT of effort to reach that mark. Even if it hits that high, getting nearly a 2.8x will be very hard as well. There will be a lot of upfront demand for the film, so it's not unreasonable to expect a fairly large drop in its second weekend. The second and following weekends need to have stellar holds to hit 250M, and I don't quite see the holds being that well.

Misery Strikes It

Sep 8: 65M (17M weekdays, 82M Total)

Sep 15: 19.5M (5M weekdays, 106.5M Total)

Sep 22: 7.8M (2M weekdays, 116.3M Total)

Sep 29: 3.9M (1M weekdays, 121.2M Total)

Oct 6: 2M (500k weekdays, 123.7M Total)

Oct 13: 800k (200k weekdays, 124.7M Total)

Final Total: 127M (1.95x)

What is this scenario focused on? Absolute shit legs and an opening under tracking (70M).

Can this happen? Almost definitely not. This scenario assumes that WOM is godawful and interest doesn't extend beyond those who were already excited for the film. Early reactions from critics and Letterboxd reviews suggest audiences will enjoy this, so a sub-2x multi is pretty much impossible. Of course, It is also a film that is getting non-horror fans interested that will likely show up a week or two after OW. I should bring up this summer's All Eyez on Me and Alien Covenant as comparisons; that film only appealed to Tupac fans and had bad reviews. AEOM didn't even hit a 1.7x for Christ's sake! Alien Covenant is a film that was moderately well received but had bad WOM because it only appealed to fans and didn't deliver what some wanted. It seems to be giving audiences what they want, so this scenario is incredibly unlikely.

I was going to make this longer with more realistic scenarios, but it's late :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Best and worst case scenarios for It:

It Goes Into Maximum Overdrive

Sep 8: 90M (27M weekdays, 117M Total)

Sep 15: 45M (13M weekdays, 175M Total)

Sep 22: 24M (7M weekdays, 206M Total)

Sep 29: 14.5M (4.2M weekdays, 224.7M Total)

Oct 6: 8M (2.3M weekdays, 235M Total)

Oct 13: 4.4M (1.3M weekdays, 240.7M Total)

Oct 20: 2.2M (700k weekdays, 243.6M Total)

Oct 27: 1.3M (500k weekdays, 245.4M Total)

Nov 3: 600k (200k weekdays, 246.2M Total)

Final Total: 250M (2.78x)

What is this scenario focused on? The best case scenario and taking us all by surprise.

Can this happen? Probably not. This scenario is assuming that It isn't frontloaded and the competition in September and Early October (including several other horror films) does not affect It. I don't think a 90M OW is unreasonable anymore (still unlikely to happen), but that's going to take A LOT of effort to reach that mark. Even if it hits that high, getting nearly a 2.8x will be very hard as well. There will be a lot of upfront demand for the film, so it's not unreasonable to expect a fairly large drop in its second weekend. The second and following weekends need to have stellar holds to hit 250M, and I don't quite see the holds being that well.

Misery Strikes It

Sep 8: 65M (17M weekdays, 82M Total)

Sep 15: 19.5M (5M weekdays, 106.5M Total)

Sep 22: 7.8M (2M weekdays, 116.3M Total)

Sep 29: 3.9M (1M weekdays, 121.2M Total)

Oct 6: 2M (500k weekdays, 123.7M Total)

Oct 13: 800k (200k weekdays, 124.7M Total)

Final Total: 127M (1.95x)

What is this scenario focused on? Absolute shit legs and an opening under tracking (70M).

Can this happen? Almost definitely not. This scenario assumes that WOM is godawful and interest doesn't extend beyond those who were already excited for the film. Early reactions from critics and Letterboxd reviews suggest audiences will enjoy this, so a sub-2x multi is pretty much impossible. Of course, It is also a film that is getting non-horror fans interested that will likely show up a week or two after OW. I should bring up this summer's All Eyez on Me and Alien Covenant as comparisons; that film only appealed to Tupac fans and had bad reviews. AEOM didn't even hit a 1.7x for Christ's sake! Alien Covenant is a film that was moderately well received but had bad WOM because it only appealed to fans and didn't deliver what some wanted. It seems to be giving audiences what they want, so this scenario is incredibly unlikely.

I was going to make this longer with more realistic scenarios, but it's late :lol: 

Hopefully everyone realises that this is a joke lol

• Like 1

Damn man, my self control is weak with this movie. I can't stop watching every new thing I see. Way too hyped. Apparently they added this to the Hollywood house and now I'm even more excited. 

Bill sounds a bit like Brad Douriff aka Chucky and the score sounds intense. If these are the type of jump scares in this, I'm alright with them (but the ending of this has obviously been edited for the house). I have a feeling this performance might become iconic for horror.

I don't think I've been this hyped for a movie since TFA. Looks like so much fun and I keep hearing so many promising things.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

And Stranger Things. The massive fanbase is well aware of this movie.

I'm really trying to avoid a lot of the footage from the movie. I know what I want to see so I'm going to go in blind. I saw the four minute preview and that was enough for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm really trying to avoid a lot of the footage from the movie. I know what I want to see so I'm going to go in blind. I saw the four minute preview and that was enough for me.

Yeh I'm going in blind too. 

Ive not watched any of the tv spots either and luckily the UK ones don't have much footage, It's just IT with the balloon, they're very effective. 

I wont read reviews either, I don't care what they're saying. They're not usually kind to horror remakes.