Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

I need to stop looking at all the promotion for this movie, I really do.  I've been trying to talk myself into seeing it then they show anything and it puts me back to knowing this is going to be such a non-event and just go away like it never existed :P 

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

This will be battlefield earth level. Critics will tear the acting and story apart.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:15 PM, That One Guy said:

Honestly it's kinda disheartening when you see some people chanting for this film to flop.  I'd prefer a bit of optimism that it does well, especially given how ambitious and different the film is.  If it succeeds, then that'd be fantastic for not only this movie, but other potentially ambitious sci-fi projects people have in development.  Just food for thought.

• Like 4

I still think this film looks fine. I watched the TV Spot and thought it was going to be tragic judging by some of the comments but it was fine. I'll definitely be watching this...which I can't say the same for a lot of the films coming out this year. 

• Like 3

On 6/7/2017 at 10:45 PM, That One Guy said:

This looks to have more potential for a non-franchise breakout as it gets closer.  It just needs good reviews and a solid marketing campaign, both of which are achievable.

IMO low-30s ow and 110 dom seems achievable.

The Mummy is a good anti-comp: that one has big stars, bad marketing, inbuilt base, popular brand, and decreasing bo potential. This one is opposite in most of those ways.

Really hope VAL does 300+ OS. Dom should then help it cross 400 WW. Even though 2x the prod budget WW is not enough, in case of VAL it will be a victory of some sorts.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think it looks pretty cool. i see nothing wrong with her delivery.

Yeah, it's alright. But people have already made up their mind that she is a terrible actress, so no matter what she does, it's terrible.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Yeah, it's alright. But people have already made up their mind that she is a terrible actress, so no matter what she does, it's terrible.

Hey, I'd love for Cara to be good in this! After SS though, she has a lot of work to do.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:20 PM, Napoleon said:

Cara will prove the haters wrong just like Gal did.

I didn't see anything wrong with her delivery either. Then again I thought she was just fine in Suicide Squad and Paper Towns so I'm not worried about her acting in the first place. 

• Like 2