A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

Eventually video-game adaptations will be like comic-book movies. It's just right now they're in their late-90's phase. Assassins Creed could be the first really good one.

It could happen.

Of course, comics are known for iconic characters and stories.

Video games are known for...gameplay?

One translates better than the other.

Don't get me wrong,,,there some great character and poorly written but could be good stories in the video game side.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

Characters yes.

Stories, truly good ones...are rarer. But as ideas to make a film around? Sure, there's enough there.

100% agree. Stories in Video Games are weak as hell. Uncharted and MGS are always hailed as the most cinematic games, but if you take the story by itself its horrible.

Even some of the characters in Iconic video games arent all that good Mario, Link, Master Chief, every single character in Gears of War, Kratos

100% agree. Stories in Video Games are weak as hell. Uncharted and MGS are always hailed as the most cinematic games, but if you take the story by itself its horrible.

Even some of the characters in Iconic video games arent all that good Mario, Link, Master Chief, every single character in Gears of War, Kratos

They're not horrible, but they offer nothing new. Well, MGS has a ton of interesting ideas, it's just wrapped in a bunch of insane stuff.

MGS1 has a legit pretty good story though. Before Kojima got too...Kojima.

Edited by MrPink

This video game adaption is definitely being given all chances to be good. There are a lot of games which would make good source material these days so I hope this does well.

I think filming was suppose to start today. Hopefully we get a few more pictures soon

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

This video game adaption is definitely being given all chances to be good. There are a lot of games which would make good source material these days so I hope this does well.

I think filming was suppose to start today. Hopefully we get a few more pictures soon

I'm hopeful here.

If for nothing, the historical setting will be refreshing.

I just wonder if they'll have a scene of Fass jumping off a cathedral into a cart of hay.

• Like 1