Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

$27m?Slightly disappointing. I can't see it breaking DH2's opening day record with a midnight like that.

Those aren't the final numbers, Noctis. But the record won't be broken because of the impact of the shooting on day shows, not because it's behind it at midnight. Edited by reddevil18

The movie's not being pulled because WB would lose millions and if theaters did it on their own, they would go bankrupt because they'd be breaking their deals with WB...

WB might not have any choice in the matter to be honest. What if this kid was Batman-obsessed? This is an unprecedented situation so obviously there is no clear answer, but pushing the movie back wouldn't surprise me because this is just too raw and fresh. I'm not naive to think money doesn't have a huge impact things, but they also have to think about what's best long-term for not only the movie/franchise, but movie-going in general. An overreaction is much more likely than an underreaction..

No, they're going to pull posters for a movie with an armed dude garbed in black ready to shoot at a crowd looks IDENTICAL to an actual armed dude garbed in black who did shoot at a crowd.(That's a SWAT guy?)

That's the kind of shit that should NOT be done. It's an extreme overreaction. Yes, that's a SWAT guy going towards an armed mob. People shouldn't cover up anything that's reminiscent of a bad event...

Why are so many people just assuming there's no chance of the film getting pulled? We have absolutely ZERO information about this situation. The threat of a copycat is something that the studios, theater chains, and authorities will take seriously. We are talking about public safety here....

I don't think the WBs could pull the movie at all. It's up to movie theatres.Which of course they won't do but all their heads are smoking right now because they discuss how to handle the situation and so on.

I feel sorry for the parents and friends who lost people at this shooting. But, I also feel bad for Nolan because this will likely end up a huge burden on him. I heard that after Ledger died that was a burden on him, and a part of me thinks that Nolan might end up feeling responsible for what happened.

Apparently people are tweeting that TDKR Paris premiere today has been cancelled but I can find any confirmations of that anywhere.

If that's the actual premiere with the stars that wouldn't surprise me. It'd be a mark of respect, etc.But I don't see commercial screenings getting pulled. Edited by Hatebox

That's the kind of shit that should NOT be done. It's an extreme overreaction. Yes, that's a SWAT guy going towards an armed mob. People shouldn't cover up anything that's reminiscent of a bad event...

Thank you for your opinion.ABC just interviewed their F.B.I. veteran who called for the banning of fan costumes at events. Pulling creepy poster = NOT overreactionBanning fan costumes = Overreaction

I'd be surprised if they didn't cancel shows. The media is already classically conditioning this massacre with Batman. The link will be there forever whether it's real or not.

Why are so many people just assuming there's no chance of the film getting pulled? We have absolutely ZERO information about this situation. The threat of a copycat is something that the studios, theater chains, and authorities will take seriously. We are talking about public safety here....

This is not going to be "business as usual" with the exception of a few walk-ups.

There is too much money at stake for the theaters to worry about public safety now. It should be a concern for the FBI, but not theaters or studios.

Apparently people are tweeting that TDKR Paris premiere today has been cancelled but I can find any confirmations of that anywhere.

I understand why some shows may be cancelled in the US, or, rather, in areas around Denver, but Paris? Spain?That makes no sense whatsoever.
  • Like 2