A Marvel Fanboy

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World | Feb 22, 2019 | 12th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

I also think the female dragon could have been better designed, and I am all for LGBTQ rights, but those tweets are beyond stupid. 

No one is forcing anything, and as other posters have mentioned, a species needs to reproduce to survive - if the creators had made Toothless gay that would be the most idiotic pandering decision that made absolutely no sense beyond serving a bunch of whiny idiots on Twitter, the cesspool of society. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Premium George said:

Look they are just asking for representation in Blockbusters. Only blockbuster with homosexual couple, I can think of is dp2. And in dragons, doing is so easy, lizards look same irrespective of gender. 

But they don't really need it. Being gay is unnatural, it had no business being represented in a children's movie

46 minutes ago, Jessie said:

But they don't really need it. Being gay is unnatural, it had no business being represented in a children's movie

Maybe from a purely evolutionary perspective, but that doesn't make it immoral.

As for children's movies, this topic can go both ways. While issues of sexuality and gender can be heavy topics for kids to understand, I don't think slight nods to them are particularly bad, as it can make kids more aware that different identities exist. As long as it's done in a clean, G/PG-rated way, I think it would be fine. But parents, especially most religious ones, would absolutely flip their shit at any hint of LGBT content in a kids movie, so major studios aren't going to touch this topic with a ten foot pole any time in the near future.

Heh, why use Ed Sheeran when this franchise has had such wonderful scores? 

Anyway, the trailer doesn't look great, but neither did the HTTYD2

In some ways it feels like HTTYD2 since that had a Hidden World and an army too, so hopefully it's not too similar to that. 

Anyway, love this franchise so I'll be there OD whenever it's released. 

• Like 1