Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Well that didn't take long.

And just to clarify something, this is just replacing the WarnerMedia name, right? The Warner Bros. name will still pop up in front of movies, with the shield and everything? I know this sounds weird, but getting rid of the shield before a WB movie would feel...wrong to me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Well that didn't take long.

And just to clarify something, this is just replacing the WarnerMedia name, right? The Warner Bros. name will still pop up in front of movies, with the shield and everything? I know this sounds weird, but getting rid of the shield before a WB movie would feel...wrong to me.

it’s just the company logo.
The Warner Bros shield will still be the same for films (I’m guessing the gold in the company logo as well as the ‘bros.’ in the name means their getting rid of the new blue-silver shield for WB films too)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

I just hope this means they are called Warner Bros. again, WarnerMedia was an unnecessary name change. 

They used to be Time Warner and before that Warner Communications. I don't think the entire conglomerate has ever been called Warner Bros.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

They used to be Time Warner and before that Warner Communications. I don't think the entire conglomerate has ever been called Warner Bros.

Ah you are right, the studio name is still Warner Bros. (as it has always been) it's just the parent company name that was changed (which to be fair getting rid of the Time part of the name was probably a smart idea)

Forgive my ignorant comment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jamiem said:

This isn't new news though they signed the same deal with Regal in March 

https://deadline.com/2021/03/cineworld-regal-warner-bros-deal-theatrical-windows-us-cinemas-reopening-1234719255/

I know, but this is a massive step towards getting every theater and every studio on board.  

• Like 1

I've been hearing rumblings on the internet about this 45 day window thing for a little while now, it looks like WB is adjusting their expectations for 2022 and not expecting everything to go back to how things were pre pandemic. So I suppose this means no WB movie in 2022 will be able to get to a billion dollars now? Curious to see how this goes.

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I know, but this is a massive step towards getting every theater and every studio on board.  

Paramount, Warner and Disney are there to an extent (not long term for Disney yet and some Paramount are allegedly 30 day window) Lionsgate and Sony will probably do it as well. 

Universal though seem to be sticking with the 17/31 day window followed by PVOD as far as I'm aware.