Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

https://deadline.com/video/warner-bros-100th-anniversary-concert-looney-tunes-documentary-morgan-freeman/

I know it's fun to dunk on WB, but I am for all this stuff lol

Warner Bros. Discovery today fired off its global centennial campaign, Celebrating Every Story, ahead of the Warner Bros. Studio’s 100th anniversary on April 4, 2023. The milestone birthday will be celebrated across the conglom’s programming, streaming, home entertainment, consumer product, experience divisions and more.

Throughout the next year, the studio will curate from its immense library, comprised of 145,000 hours of programming, 12,500 feature films and 2,400 television programs consisting of more than 150,000 individual episodes, for the public’s consumption.

Among the Warner Bros.’ 100th anniversary celebrations:

In programming, there’s a three-part documentary on the history of Warner Bros. from WB Unscripted Television to debut on HBO Max (and select partners in territories where HBO Max isn’t available); programming marathons and special episodes across Warner Bros. Discovery’s 40+ domestic networks and international channels; archival interviews airing on Extra from the series’ 29 seasons of Studio set visits, red carpet premieres and junkets; a year-long focus on classic Warner Bros. films on TCM; partnerships with various community organizations to help recruit and identify filmmakers to be a part of a short-film project paying homage to some of Warner Bros.’ most iconic movies; and centennial branding and events connecting fans to the Studio’s TV brands, franchises and characters.

HBO Max will launch a dedicated programming page in late January with thematic and seasonal programming. HBO Max will mine the studio’s film and TV archives to present curated collections celebrating holidays and cultural events, including Black History Month, Women’s History Month, AAPI Month and Pride/LGBTQ.

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is set to release a series of celebratory film and TV bundles on digital, Blu-ray and DVD, including four 25-film volumes and a 100-film collection (both featuring souvenir collectibles), complete TV series collections available for the first time, and “Best of” TV compilations from WBTV franchises. Throughout the year, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will also release a dozen remastered titles available for the first time in 4K Ultra-High Definition, with titles ranging from the Superman 5-Film Collection to special 50th Anniversary editions of Enter the Dragon and The Exorcist.

In consumer products, WBD is presenting several exclusive centennial activations with key partners, including Amazon, Saks Fifth Avenue, Funko, Mattel, New Era, Running Press, and more. There’s also a new Looney Tunes product line.

In experiences, there will be a Candlelight Concert Series across 100 cities, including Los Angeles, New York, London, Toronto, Melbourne, Paris, Singapore, Milan, São Paulo and Mexico City, with music performed from the studio’s iconic films and series.

The Warner Bros Studio Tour Hollywood will have a special 100th anniversary exhibit as part of the tour starting in February as well as more surprises later in 2023.

The TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood in April will celebrate key films and talent from Warner Bros. Pictures’ history, including Casablanca, the 50th anniversaries of The Exorcist, with director William Friedkin in attendance, and Enter the Dragon, and world premiere restorations of East of Eden and Rio Bravo.

Also, there will be limited theatrical releases of classic Warner Bros. pics in cinemas as well as screenings at the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures and the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History.

In addition there’s activations at Warner Bros.’ hotel and theme parks including The WB Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, Parque Warner Madrid, and Warner Bros. Movie World in Australia. There will also be centennial exhibitions in China and a themed exhibition during the Beijing International Film Festival as well as pop-up channels in Germany, film exhibitions across Europe and consumer products and fashion lines across all offshore territories.

The 100th anniversary website is also up, but bare-bones: https://www.wb100.com/

• Astonished 1

I was expecting something completely different when I saw the notification. Namely some new DC intel courtesy of Variety. https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batman-robert-pattinson-aquaman-dc-studios-james-gunn-peter-safran-1235460483/

That's how speculation over Henry Cavill's future as Superman or whether Jason Momoa will continue playing Aquaman wind-up feeding headlines for days, egged on by the seemingly immortal devotion of director Zack Snyder's extremely online fanbase, who still hold out hope that his conception of the DC Universe could live on. But at least one core element of the so-called Snyderverse is likely over: A well-placed source says Gunn and Safran are exploring the possibility of incorporating filmmaker Matt Reeves' iteration of Batman with actor Robert Pattinson into their wider universe.

Meanwhile, Gunn and Safran still need to shepherd those legacy titles — as well as Season 2 of Gunn's HBO Max series "Peacemaker" — to audiences amid widespread belt-tightening across Warner Bros. Discovery. Two sources tell Variety that, before Gunn and Safran took the reins at DC, Warner Bros. co-chief Pam Abdy had to tell "Aquaman 2" director James Wan to reduce his reshoot budget for the maritime sequel, which has already expanded to $205 million over production. Any further tweaks to any of the 2023 movies as to fully incorporate them into the new DC could easily cost millions more.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

James Gunn has got to be a nightmare for scoopers. You never see Kevin Feige going out of his way to dispute people’s reports. 

Because that rarely happens. For press and media dc debacle is like hot cakes so everyone is trying to get various sources and join the bandwagon 😂😂

23 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

I would have preferred they bring in Battinson. Having two concurrent Batmans is a mistake. It will just create further factions within the fanbase, creating endless arguments about which Batman is better. 

I would say... We don't know what they're doing, yet.  And possibly won't know for some time.  It sure seems like Keaton will now be one and done (perhaps in THE FLASH next summer, that's it), and Pattinson will live out his sequels.  I don't think a new DCU will even be ready to broaden out until we're close to getting The Batman #3...if that iteration even makes it there.  Imagine building the anticipation for what kind of Batman will show up in a new DCU?  They could do a lot with that... I could see other heroes establishing themselves first...then a new Batman shows up, and schools them all... how cool would that be? 

Edited by Macleod

22 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

I would have preferred they bring in Battinson. Having two concurrent Batmans is a mistake. It will just create further factions within the fanbase, creating endless arguments about which Batman is better. 

I'd actually prefer they let the Justice League rest, and if Blue Beetle is a hit, work the universe into introducing the (Teen) Titans as the big team up.  Do something totally not done before for the big screen for live action...

Take the drama away from anything Justice League by not doing Justice League...