Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

17 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Your mom is so lame... she falls asleep during Blade Runner 2049!

I apologize.

My mom literally did fall asleep during BR2049 while I was glued to my seat and couldn't take my eyes off the screen.

• Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

It was foolish to make a blockbuster  without some superhero appearing, i.e. Hulk or Spider-Man.

Imagine Bruce Wayne found out that the memories of his parents' death were implanted...Imagine he was always meant to be a replicant "Batman" to play the role of fighting Joker to give Joker some fun and pleasure...Imagine one version of "Batman" could be retired instantly and be replaced by another version when Joker felt like so...  

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
edit

20 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Imagine Bruce Wayne found out that the memories of his parents' death were implanted...Imagine he was always meant to be a replicant "Batman" to play the role of fighting Joker to give Joker some fun and pleasure...Imagine one version of "Batman" could be retired instantly and be replaced by another version when Joker felt like so...  

Isn't pretty much what the Architect monologues for 30 minutes to Neo about in Reloaded?

• Astonished 1

This is a huge bomb and a proof that you can't invest tons of money in a movie without a single likable character. Everyone in this was either a dick or a non-entity. It doesn't matter what a genius for visuals the director is. The characters are this movie's undoing. 

Edited by Valonqar

15 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Dennis needs to do a big comic book movie to get a big blockbuster under his belt so that he can do his small passion projects.

For how many directors does that work out? And Villeneuve is already in a position where he could do small projects if he wanted to.

Also, he seems passionate enough about Dune (or Blade Runner before).

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

If I was a studio exec, I would pull the plug on Dune. That movie will be a bigger bomb than Blade runner 2049 even if gets similar critical reception.

Dennis needs to do a big comic book movie to get a big blockbuster under his belt so that he can do his small passion projects.

I'm with you though I think that they should give Dune to someone who appreciates finer points of the source but also has his finger on the audience's pulse. Dennis lacks the latter. You can't populate your expensive movie with unlikable characters who mostly sleepwalk (Gosling was flat as an iron board in this, OK, I get it that he was playing an android or whatever fuck the replicants are but that won't warm up GA) . He would cast Fassbender as Duke Leto and that's an instant flop. 

@The Futurist yes, they would do to Dune what they did to Golden Compass. Try to tone down anti-religious sentiment, etc even though that's what the story is about essentially. 

Edited by Valonqar

11 minutes ago, Merkel said:

Let Villeneuve do Dune the way he wants. The source material is incredible and he seems to be fully attuned with it. If it flops, it flops

Dune floppage is going to be fun to follow. I can't image Dune being just 1 movie so if they split and the first part flops it's going to be fun. Perhaps studio goes down with it like how NL went bankrupt when Golden Compass flopped? :)