Jump to content

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

firedeep

China Box Office: General Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Can anybody please remind us the  first 30 daily numbers from ORS to have a nice comparison with TWE numbers?

would be funny to follow the run of TWE with this.

 

...and about monday number?

 

 

Thanks in advance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, setna said:

Can anybody please remind us the  first 30 daily numbers from ORS to have a nice comparison with TWE numbers?

would be funny to follow the run of TWE with this.

 

...and about monday number?

 

 

Thanks in advance?

Here you go.

On 2/11/2019 at 1:00 AM, POTUS 2020 said:

Amazing hold, it should have dropped 10%.  WoM is still increasing BO and preventing normalization.

Holding flat today and with PS down just 35% tomorrow the chart now looking good for 5.2b/$771m if it normalizes on tuesday. If it holds flat on tuesday which is very possible considering today's hold before a workday then 5.5b/$816m will be in play and beyond.

I thought WW2 was on a trajectory to beat SW7 after its second weekend and great 2nd monday and tuesday holds but it suddenly normalized with a 14% drop on wednesday. see chart below

Lets see what happens on tuesday and wed before hinting at SW7, 6.315b/$936.662m(tuesday will need to bump.)

ORS 9.4       XR 6.35 TWE 9.3     XR 6.74 WW2 9.7     XR 6.70
Day Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot
Fri 130     166 26.1           214     317 47
Sat 148 13.8%   314 49.4           313 46.3%   630 94
Sun 188 27.0%   502 79.1           367 17.3%   997 149
Mon 224 19.1%   726 114.3           273 -25.6%   1270 190
Tues 246 9.8%   972 153.1 188     201 30 293 7.3%   1563 233
Wed 271 10.2%   1243 195.7 257 36.7%   458 68 279 -4.8%   1842 275
Thur 241 -11.1%   1484 233.7 338 31.5%   796 118 228 -18.3%   2070 309
                               
Fri 212 -12.0% 63.1% 1696 267.1 380 12.4%   1176 174 266 16.7% 24.3% 2336 349
Sat 226 6.6% 52.7% 1922 302.7 414 8.9%   1590 236 406 52.6% 29.7% 2742 409
Sun 239 5.8% 27.1% 2161 340.3 414 0.0%   2004 297 426 4.9% 16.1% 3168 473
Mon 142 -40.6% -36.6% 2303 362.7 270 -34.8%   2274 337 243 -43.0% -11.0% 3411 509
Tue 124 -12.7% -49.6% 2427 382.2 243 -10.0%   2517 373 229 -5.8% -21.8% 3640 543
Wed 111 -10.5% -59.0% 2538 399.7 219 -9.9% -14.8% 2736 406 197 -14.0% -29.4% 3837 573
Thu 97 -12.6% -59.8% 2635 415.0 260 18.7% -23.1% 2996 445 165 -16.2% -27.6% 4002 597
                               
Fri 133 37.1% -37.3% 2768 435.9 260 0.0% -31.6% 3256 483 150 -9.1% -43.6% 4152 620
Sat 150 12.8% -33.6% 2918 459.5 340 30.8% -17.9% 3596 534 217 44.7% -46.6% 4369 652
Sun 112 -25.3% -53.1% 3030 477.2 255 -25.0% -38.4% 3851 571 202 -6.9% -52.6% 4571 682
Mon 49 -56.3% -65.5% 3079 484.9 105 -58.8% -61.1% 3956 587 100 -50.5% -58.8% 4671 697
Tue 44 -10.2% -64.5% 3123 491.8 94 -10.5% -61.3% 4050 601 87 -13.0% -62.0% 4758 710
Wed 40 -9.1% -64.0% 3163 498.1 84 -10.6% -61.6% 4134 613 75 -13.8% -61.9% 4833 721
Thu 68 70.0% -29.9% 3231 508.8 75 -10.7% -71.2% 4209 624 60 -20.0% -63.6% 4893 730
                               
Fri 39 -42.6% -70.7% 3270 515.0 85 13.3% -67.3% 4294 637 63 5.0% -58.0% 4956 740
Sat 62 59.0% -58.7% 3332 524.7 160 88.2% -52.9% 4454 661 91 44.4% -58.1% 5047 753
Sun 50 -19.4% -55.4% 3382 532.6 125 -21.9% -51.0% 4579 679 89 -2.2% -55.9% 5136 767
Mon 21 -58.0% -57.1% 3403 535.9 50 -60.0% -52.4% 4629 687 45 -49.4% -55.0% 5181 773
Tue 19 -9.5% -56.8% 3422 538.9 45 -10.0% -52.1% 4674 693 39 -13.3% -55.2% 5220 779
Wed 18 -5.3% -55.0% 3440 541.7 40 -11.1% -52.4% 4714 699 36 -7.7% -52.0% 5256 784
Thu 16.4 -8.9% -75.9% 3456 544.3 36 -10.0% -52.0% 4750 705 32 -11.1% -46.7% 5288 789
                               
Fri 17.3 5.5% -55.6% 3474 547.0 50 38.9% -41.2% 4800 712 26 -18.8% -58.7% 5314 793
Sat 30.7 77.5% -50.5% 3504 551.9 90 80.0% -43.8% 4890 726 40 53.8% -56.0% 5354 799
Sun 25.5 -16.9% -49.0% 3530 555.9 67 -25.6% -46.4% 4957 735 43 7.5% -51.7% 5397 806
        3650 574.8       5200 772       5683 848

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Here you go.

 

Thanks a lot, Charlie!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, setna said:

Can anybody please remind us the  first 30 daily numbers from ORS to have a nice comparison with TWE numbers?

would be funny to follow the run of TWE with this.

 

...and about monday number?

 

 

Thanks in advance?

updated.  5B not dead but may be difficult.  4.7B/$700m locked

ORS 9.4       XR 6.35 TWE 9.3     XR 6.74 WW2 9.7     XR 6.70
Day Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot
Fri 130     166 26.1           214     317 47
Sat 148 13.8%   314 49.4           313 46.3%   630 94
Sun 188 27.0%   502 79.1           367 17.3%   997 149
Mon 224 19.1%   726 114.3           273 -25.6%   1270 190
Tues 246 9.8%   972 153.1 188     201 30 293 7.3%   1563 233
Wed 271 10.2%   1243 195.7 258 37.2%   459 68 279 -4.8%   1842 275
Thur 241 -11.1%   1484 233.7 340 31.8%   799 119 228 -18.3%   2070 309
                               
Fri 212 -12.0% 63.1% 1696 267.1 384 12.9%   1183 176 266 16.7% 24.3% 2336 349
Sat 226 6.6% 52.7% 1922 302.7 416 8.3%   1599 237 406 52.6% 29.7% 2742 409
Sun 239 5.8% 27.1% 2161 340.3 417 0.2%   2016 299 426 4.9% 16.1% 3168 473
Mon 142 -40.6% -36.6% 2303 362.7 339 -18.7%   2355 349 243 -43.0% -11.0% 3411 509
Tue 124 -12.7% -49.6% 2427 382.2 258 -23.9%   2613 388 229 -5.8% -21.8% 3640 543
Wed 111 -10.5% -59.0% 2538 399.7 215 -16.7% -16.7% 2828 420 197 -14.0% -29.4% 3837 573
Thu 97 -12.6% -59.8% 2635 415.0 352 63.7% 3.5% 3180 472 165 -16.2% -27.6% 4002 597
                               
Fri 133 37.1% -37.3% 2768 435.9 181 -48.6% -52.9% 3361 499 150 -9.1% -43.6% 4152 620
Sat 150 12.8% -33.6% 2918 459.5 233 28.7% -44.0% 3594 533 217 44.7% -46.6% 4369 652
Sun 112 -25.3% -53.1% 3030 477.2 192 -17.6% -54.0% 3786 562 202 -6.9% -52.6% 4571 682
Mon 49 -56.3% -65.5% 3079 484.9 99 -48.4% -70.8% 3885 576 100 -50.5% -58.8% 4671 697
Tue 44 -10.2% -64.5% 3123 491.8 108 9.1% -58.1% 3993 592 87 -13.0% -62.0% 4758 710
Wed 40 -9.1% -64.0% 3163 498.1 81 -25.0% -62.3% 4074 604 75 -13.8% -61.9% 4833 721
Thu 68 70.0% -29.9% 3231 508.8 72 -11.1% -79.5% 4146 615 60 -20.0% -63.6% 4893 730
                               
Fri 39 -42.6% -70.7% 3270 515.0 80 11.1% -55.8% 4226 627 63 5.0% -58.0% 4956 740
Sat 62 59.0% -58.7% 3332 524.7 120 50.0% -48.5% 4346 645 91 44.4% -58.1% 5047 753
Sun 50 -19.4% -55.4% 3382 532.6 92 -23.3% -52.1% 4438 658 89 -2.2% -55.9% 5136 767
Mon 21 -58.0% -57.1% 3403 535.9 38 -58.7% -61.6% 4476 664 45 -49.4% -55.0% 5181 773
Tue 19 -9.5% -56.8% 3422 538.9 34 -10.5% -68.5% 4510 669 39 -13.3% -55.2% 5220 779
Wed 18 -5.3% -55.0% 3440 541.7 30 -11.8% -63.0% 4540 674 36 -7.7% -52.0% 5256 784
Thu 16.4 -8.9% -75.9% 3456 544.3 26 -13.3% -63.9% 4566 677 32 -11.1% -46.7% 5288 789
                               
Fri 17.3 5.5% -55.6% 3474 547.0 30 15.4% -62.5% 4596 682 26 -18.8% -58.7% 5314 793
Sat 30.7 77.5% -50.5% 3504 551.9 55 83.3% -54.2% 4651 690 40 53.8% -56.0% 5354 799
Sun 25.5 -16.9% -49.0% 3530 555.9 42 -23.6% -54.3% 4693 696 43 7.5% -51.7% 5397 806
        3650 574.8       4900 727       5683 848
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, POTUS 2020 said:

updated.  5B not dead but may be difficult.  4.7B/$700m locked

ORS 9.4       XR 6.35 TWE 9.3     XR 6.74 WW2 9.7     XR 6.70
Day Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot
Fri 130     166 26.1           214     317 47
Sat 148 13.8%   314 49.4           313 46.3%   630 94
Sun 188 27.0%   502 79.1           367 17.3%   997 149
Mon 224 19.1%   726 114.3           273 -25.6%   1270 190
Tues 246 9.8%   972 153.1 188     201 30 293 7.3%   1563 233
Wed 271 10.2%   1243 195.7 258 37.2%   459 68 279 -4.8%   1842 275
Thur 241 -11.1%   1484 233.7 340 31.8%   799 119 228 -18.3%   2070 309
                               
Fri 212 -12.0% 63.1% 1696 267.1 384 12.9%   1183 176 266 16.7% 24.3% 2336 349
Sat 226 6.6% 52.7% 1922 302.7 416 8.3%   1599 237 406 52.6% 29.7% 2742 409
Sun 239 5.8% 27.1% 2161 340.3 417 0.2%   2016 299 426 4.9% 16.1% 3168 473
Mon 142 -40.6% -36.6% 2303 362.7 339 -18.7%   2355 349 243 -43.0% -11.0% 3411 509
Tue 124 -12.7% -49.6% 2427 382.2 258 -23.9%   2613 388 229 -5.8% -21.8% 3640 543
Wed 111 -10.5% -59.0% 2538 399.7 215 -16.7% -16.7% 2828 420 197 -14.0% -29.4% 3837 573
Thu 97 -12.6% -59.8% 2635 415.0 352 63.7% 3.5% 3180 472 165 -16.2% -27.6% 4002 597
                               
Fri 133 37.1% -37.3% 2768 435.9 181 -48.6% -52.9% 3361 499 150 -9.1% -43.6% 4152 620
Sat 150 12.8% -33.6% 2918 459.5 233 28.7% -44.0% 3594 533 217 44.7% -46.6% 4369 652
Sun 112 -25.3% -53.1% 3030 477.2 192 -17.6% -54.0% 3786 562 202 -6.9% -52.6% 4571 682
Mon 49 -56.3% -65.5% 3079 484.9 99 -48.4% -70.8% 3885 576 100 -50.5% -58.8% 4671 697
Tue 44 -10.2% -64.5% 3123 491.8 108 9.1% -58.1% 3993 592 87 -13.0% -62.0% 4758 710
Wed 40 -9.1% -64.0% 3163 498.1 81 -25.0% -62.3% 4074 604 75 -13.8% -61.9% 4833 721
Thu 68 70.0% -29.9% 3231 508.8 72 -11.1% -79.5% 4146 615 60 -20.0% -63.6% 4893 730
                               
Fri 39 -42.6% -70.7% 3270 515.0 80 11.1% -55.8% 4226 627 63 5.0% -58.0% 4956 740
Sat 62 59.0% -58.7% 3332 524.7 120 50.0% -48.5% 4346 645 91 44.4% -58.1% 5047 753
Sun 50 -19.4% -55.4% 3382 532.6 92 -23.3% -52.1% 4438 658 89 -2.2% -55.9% 5136 767
Mon 21 -58.0% -57.1% 3403 535.9 38 -58.7% -61.6% 4476 664 45 -49.4% -55.0% 5181 773
Tue 19 -9.5% -56.8% 3422 538.9 34 -10.5% -68.5% 4510 669 39 -13.3% -55.2% 5220 779
Wed 18 -5.3% -55.0% 3440 541.7 30 -11.8% -63.0% 4540 674 36 -7.7% -52.0% 5256 784
Thu 16.4 -8.9% -75.9% 3456 544.3 26 -13.3% -63.9% 4566 677 32 -11.1% -46.7% 5288 789
                               
Fri 17.3 5.5% -55.6% 3474 547.0 30 15.4% -62.5% 4596 682 26 -18.8% -58.7% 5314 793
Sat 30.7 77.5% -50.5% 3504 551.9 55 83.3% -54.2% 4651 690 40 53.8% -56.0% 5354 799
Sun 25.5 -16.9% -49.0% 3530 555.9 42 -23.6% -54.3% 4693 696 43 7.5% -51.7% 5397 806
        3650 574.8       4900 727       5683 848

i know that maybe my question is stupid but how much money the chinese studios get from their movie ? how much money they will get from wandering earth ?

Edited by john2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i know that maybe my question is stupid but how much money the chinese studios get from their movie ? how much money they will get from wandering earth ?

Should be around 40% I believe.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...

Edited by a2k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, a2k said:

At that point would be incredible to miss 5000 I guess. 

>5100 if FSS is 30+55+42=127 that weekend for 4900 cume.

At the end of that 127m weekend, 4.693b cume. So it would make another 207m more to reach 4.9b

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No official number for yesterday here?

 

No numbers today?.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With today's holiday-boosted gross, TWE only needs to do 89% of what Operation Red Sea (ORS) earned from now on to reach RMB 4.5 billion. It needs to do about 33% better to reach RMB 4.75 billion, and 78% better to reach RMB 5 billion. Yesterday it did more than 2.5 times as much as ORS on a comparable Tuesday. (RMB 111 million versus RMB 43.7 million) 

 

Another interesting fact from ORS' run is that from this comparable weekend on, every weekend it faced a Hollywood action blockbuster that got 50% or more of all seats available on its first day (Black Panther, Tomb Raider, Pacific Rim 2, Ready Player One). This severely cut into ORS' legs. At first glance, TWE's future Hollywood competition doesn't look to be as fierce, so it will be interesting to see whether it can hold up any better. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 months in the year, no Indian release in China yet. Seems like the market is almost dead.

 

Back home, many films have been purchased for the release including Andhadhun, Adirindi, 2.0 (April release) but nothing solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today looks to be heading for 70m and tomorrow should do 60-62m.

 

So 4.13B after Thursday.

 

Friday needs to be above 75m for a 300m weekend, which will keep it on track for 5B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then it seems will be number 3 all time in a single territory passing BP, if it gets 5B ( 744 million USD) will be very close from number 2 Avatar and let´s see if with this will be number 1 this year in a single territory.

Edited by setna
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5B is dead, it has fell behind ORS on daily gross, the later only made 1B after 15th day in relase.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a battle between TLK, AWE, SW9, TA4 for biggest single market gross in $ this year. Other movies can be thrown in the mix as BO is unpredictable but those 4 seem promising right now. To reduce it further, TLK vs AWE imo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wandering Earth

Date Gross in ¥ ('000) Gross in $ Daily Change L/W Change Gross To Date Weekend Weekly Weekend Change Weekly Change
Previews ¥13,154 $1,948,741     $1,948,741        
05/02/2019 ¥188,471 $27,921,630     $29,870,370        
06/02/2019 ¥258,318 $38,269,333 37.06%   $68,139,704        
07/02/2019 ¥339,810 $50,342,222 31.55%   $118,481,926   $118,481,926    
08/02/2019 ¥383,958 $56,882,667 12.99%   $175,364,593        
09/02/2019 ¥416,300 $61,765,579 8.58%   $237,130,171        
10/02/2019 ¥416,602 $61,810,386 0.07%   $298,940,557 $180,458,631      
11/02/2019 ¥338,783 $49,894,404 -19.28% 2460.34% $348,834,961        
12/02/2019 ¥258,149 $38,131,315 -23.58% 36.57% $386,966,275        
13/02/2019 ¥215,430 $31,868,343 -16.42% -16.73% $418,834,618        
14/02/2019 ¥351,608 $51,936,189 62.97% 3.17% $470,770,807   $352,288,881   197.34%
15/02/2019 ¥181,164 $26,759,823 -48.48% -52.96% $497,530,630        
16/02/2019 ¥232,805 $34,387,740 28.51% -44.33% $531,918,370        
17/02/2019 ¥192,488 $28,432,496 -17.32% -54.00% $560,350,866 $89,580,059   -50.36%  
18/02/2019 ¥99,505 $14,697,932 -48.31% -70.54% $575,048,799        
19/02/2019 ¥112,055 $16,576,183 12.78% -56.53% $591,624,982        
20/02/2019 ¥67,000 $9,970,238 -39.85% -68.71% $601,595,220        
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The Wandering Earth

Date Gross in ¥ ('000) Gross in $ Daily Change L/W Change Gross To Date Weekend Weekly Weekend Change Weekly Change
Previews ¥13,154 $1,948,741     $1,948,741        
05/02/2019 ¥188,471 $27,921,630     $29,870,370        
06/02/2019 ¥258,318 $38,269,333 37.06%   $68,139,704        
07/02/2019 ¥339,810 $50,342,222 31.55%   $118,481,926   $118,481,926    
08/02/2019 ¥383,958 $56,882,667 12.99%   $175,364,593        
09/02/2019 ¥416,300 $61,765,579 8.58%   $237,130,171        
10/02/2019 ¥416,602 $61,810,386 0.07%   $298,940,557 $180,458,631      
11/02/2019 ¥338,783 $49,894,404 -19.28% 2460.34% $348,834,961        
12/02/2019 ¥258,149 $38,131,315 -23.58% 36.57% $386,966,275        
13/02/2019 ¥215,430 $31,868,343 -16.42% -16.73% $418,834,618        
14/02/2019 ¥351,608 $51,936,189 62.97% 3.17% $470,770,807   $352,288,881   197.34%
15/02/2019 ¥181,164 $26,759,823 -48.48% -52.96% $497,530,630        
16/02/2019 ¥232,805 $34,387,740 28.51% -44.33% $531,918,370        
17/02/2019 ¥192,488 $28,432,496 -17.32% -54.00% $560,350,866 $89,580,059   -50.36%  
18/02/2019 ¥99,505 $14,697,932 -48.31% -70.54% $575,048,799        
19/02/2019 ¥112,055 $16,576,183 12.78% -56.53% $591,624,982        
20/02/2019 ¥67,000 $9,970,238 -39.85% -68.71% $601,595,220        
  • Crossed ¥4 Billion
  • Crossed $600 Million.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.