A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

30 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

May be Trolls targeting only the popular one i.e. Maoyan.

But the "evidence" for this alleged campaign was from Douban.

Let's wait 2-3 days to see if there is any actual proof of these review bombs in China.

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

who review-bombs on mayoan? I thought it was only american manbabies and russian trolls? 

For Infinity War, it was primarily nationalists who were upset with the U.S trade war with China. I believe there were also cases where a rival studio would employ people to spam their competitors with 1 star ratings. 

13 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

For Infinity War, it was primarily nationalists who were upset with the U.S trade war with China. I believe there were also cases where a rival studio would employ people to spam their competitors with 1 star ratings. 

oh wow! so government sponsored review-bombing so to speak!

43 minutes ago, Omni said:

If action matters so much in China, I'm ready for a sub-8.5 score, possibily close to 8.0. It just looked like an 80M budget movie.

Again, a movie like Venom didn't have that much action. Chinese moviegoers like what they like, as in every country.

As for the Maoyan score, it is unlikely to differ much from Taopiaopiao's 8.9 (+/- 0.2).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Good, better than I expected... It will go down, but should finish with 8.4 - 8.5

Legs probably will not be BP level bad

Yeah, I doubt it. Black Panther actually dipped into the high 7s at one point on Maoyan early in its run. 

• Like 1