A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

wow guys something big happened…

The cause of the entire thing was a fire accident in Xinjiang, many people could alive with normal condition,but because the government's zero-Covid policy which blocked the community, many people were burned to death,this  causing dissatisfaction among people across the country,and the government just lock down the all access about this news on internet then make people even more angry(consider there are already lots of sad thing happened before this thing,if you guys interest you can search “富士康跳楼事件”(a thing about some worker class people suicide because of government policy )

The people in Xi'an are dissatisfied with the government's excessive epidemic prevention and control policy, thinking that this deprives the people of their freedom, and began to gather for uprisings and marches and start to fought with management personnel on the street... I don't know how this will affect the zero-covid policy,Will this revolution lead to an overhaul of the zero covid policy?  

Will movie theaters fully open after this revolution and make Avatar boost again?

I must  Gotta say, I love my country, but that doesn’t means I have to love my government,only people is the center and heart of the nation,now it looks like some revolutions are about to start,I am happy to see the people awaken

I really hate I am not live in China right now (I am study aboard in Italy)and can’t experience this historic benchmark level event

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

If there's some kind of public dissent about to start, I think a movie is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. I hope things don't get too dangerous out there. 

Yeah it’s pretty minor,but you know is a box office thread so I have to say something about what this revolution effect the movie,or else it can’t be discussed here according to the rules

Yeah, seeing videos of rage, large protest and "uprise" all over my twitter feed seemingly happening across China (especially in many campus all over the country); the XinJiang burning is like the last straw but really, it's the culmination of so many tragedies during these lockdown policies. This feels quite big because this type of stuff never happens in China except maybe a small corner somewhere, but never a coordinated effort like this. I'm kind of encouraged to see Chinese young people standing up again but also worried that we might soon witness another crackdown tragedy, I hope for the best and for everyone to be safe.

Might lead to the loosening of zero-covid policy but CCP might also double down, who knows at this point...

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bruce said:

The Government continue to block the news on internet and try to use world cup news as a tool to transfer the people’s attention,but that’s meaningless, the people is already awaken

nation’s people forever!

I hear on net that world cup coverage is actually adding fuel to the fire as Chinese citizens see big mass events and no covid restriction at all in other countries. Compared to what's going on in China for last 3 years with lockdowns. 

Edited by adaros
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, adaros said:

I hear on net that world cup coverage is actually adding fuel to the fire as Chinese citizens see big mass events and no covid restriction at all in other countries. Compared to what's going on in China for last 3 years with lockdowns. 

Yeah I’m really happy to see people start awaken,for the really long period of time we were teached of some bullshit like ‘wihtout our country you are nothing’ ‘no CCP no nation’,’CCP is like your father and mother’,like the farmer trained their cow or horse ,now we finally awaken,we start to express our dissatisfied to those who eat the meat

I almost cried right now,really

people forever

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

@Bruce We stand with the great people of China in your fight against the CCP.

p.s I visited China in June 2019 and had an amazing time. Great place, culture and people.

They are great at begining(last century when Mao still in Power)really,I really thanks they lead us become the better place that time

but right now they just changed,they are just choose the wrong way,They just fallen to the dark and lost their original intention to people,which make me fell really disappointed

and now the People will fix their mistake

Edited by Bruce

3 hours ago, adaros said:

Yeah especially if they saw Argentina-Mexico with 90k people all amassed in a single stadium without masks, while they are still forced to use them even when they are using their bike...

Edited by MG10

5 hours ago, Bruce said:

wow guys something big happened…

The cause of the entire thing was a fire accident in Xinjiang, many people could alive with normal condition,but because the government's zero-Covid policy which blocked the community, many people were burned to death,this  causing dissatisfaction among people across the country,and the government just lock down the all access about this news on internet then make people even more angry(consider there are already lots of sad thing happened before this thing,if you guys interest you can search “富士康跳楼事件”(a thing about some worker class people suicide because of government policy )

The people in Xi'an are dissatisfied with the government's excessive epidemic prevention and control policy, thinking that this deprives the people of their freedom, and began to gather for uprisings and marches and start to fought with management personnel on the street... I don't know how this will affect the zero-covid policy,Will this revolution lead to an overhaul of the zero covid policy?  

Will movie theaters fully open after this revolution and make Avatar boost again?

I must  Gotta say, I love my country, but that doesn’t means I have to love my government,only people is the center and heart of the nation,now it looks like some revolutions are about to start,I am happy to see the people awaken

I really hate I am not live in China right now (I am study aboard in Italy)and can’t experience this historic benchmark level event

The fate of film market even the country will be decided in near future. (not trying to be politic but this is what happened in Shanghai👇🏻 Similar anger on social media. People's attention is not on movies.)

40 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

The fate of film market even the country will be decided in near future. (not trying to be politic but this is what happened in Shanghai👇🏻 Similar anger on social media. People's attention is not on movies.)

All Revolution started from the little fire then burning the entire earth,I just wish there are no hurting and bleeding event happened,I hope my people safe 

• Like 1