Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

On 1/24/2018 at 5:04 PM, MrGlass2 said:

The trailer reminds me of Ender's Game, Power Rangers and Transformers...

DOM somewhere between $60M and $400M. :jeb!:

I'd say you've allowed yourself a window to claim you "called it", however....

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Ouch.

Not a shocker at that predict. This very well may go under $60m Domestic. Looks bad, looks like a Netflix wait for it save your $12 for something with promise.

I was always surprised that Pacific Rim underperformed so much outside China. It was a big budget movie by an established director with large-scale action scenes/monster battles. On paper, it seemed like something that would please the GA like the Transformers franchise (Pacific Rim came out before fatigue had really set in).

On 1/27/2018 at 1:42 AM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That’s because you didn’t like the first one you only want this one to suck & fail even more, duh?

You’re expecting this to be worse, don’t ya?

I didn't read his comment that way, and I completely agree with him.

Dare I say, this film shouldn't even exist. One thing to consider though is that Box Office Pro also had Kong: Skull Island opening at $40 million on its opening weekend with a $90 million domestic total around this time last year, and it made more than what their projections suggested on both fronts. However, that film had to benefit of good word of mouth and it had steady legs. Unless this film knocks it out of the park, I am not expecting a similar surprise from Uprising.

On 1/27/2018 at 1:42 AM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That’s because you didn’t like the first one you only want this one to suck & fail even more, duh?

You’re expecting this to be worse, don’t ya?

Not really. 

The first one didn't do great at all outside China and a few Asian markets. And it's been six years and doesn't even have the original director 

this all leads to a likely very poor domestic gross 

3 hours ago, Serpico Jones said:

This movie is going to put a serious dent into John Boyega’s career. He might never recover from this piece of shit.

I still wonder why he signed up for this.  The money must have been gooood.