Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

Yeah, surprised at the RT score! Gives me hope we'll have at least an enjoyable SFX monster film. I think BP is going down... Too many people on spring break for a movie like this to not at least hit 20m... Hell, I wouldn't be surprised at a 30m weekend with it being spring break.

• Like 3

I must say I'm in shock. Imagine if there was a movie looking like the worst Asylum mockbuster starring your Michelle Monaghan #1 (in this case Blandwood McBland) and Michelle Monaghan #2 (in this case Giant Backside). And somehow, against all logic and reason, it gets good reviews! :ohmygod: WHY?????? 

Edited by Valonqar

25 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

The original ended up with 71% so this has a good chance to end up higher. Mind you, reviews, when you actually read them, are not good but the reviewers opt to give it a fresh grade so that's that. I think that they still believe this (GdT's PR and the sequel) is what TF should have been just because it isn't directed by Bay. 

The avg is 5.9 so odds are it will go lower

Then again Jumanji wound up at 76% with a 6.1 avg.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I must say I'm in shock. Imagine if there was a movie looking like the worst Asylum mockbuster starring your Michelle Monaghan #1 (in this case Blandwood McBland) and Michelle Monaghan #2 (in this case Giant Backside). And somehow, against all logic and reason, it gets good reviews! :ohmygod: WHY?????? 

Where is that movie you speak of?

Cuz the trailers for PR2 never looked like whatever it is you are saying.

Hyperbole is hyperbolic, man...

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 2

I was watching The Voice last night, and I knew that there was something eerily proficient about the TV spot I saw. I had been guilty of completely writing this film off for a long time, but that TV spot... I saw more excellent effects work, more potential for epic moments, more creative applications of the camera. So I'm pleasantly surprised that this didn't fall flat on its face. Now I'm rooting for it to do as well as it can, just because it is of good quality.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:
67%
Average Rating: 5.7/10
Reviews Counted: 18
Fresh: 12
Rotten: 6

Is my RT lagging?

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Nope, that's exactly what I'm seeing too

same here so that's what I'm going with for now.

plus only 18 reviews literally mean nothing about how it's going to end up.  It could move drastically either way like it has for many movies.  So it could even go up to 80% or something :P