Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

Haha, Zak Penn

probably canned the sequel as soon as they saw that Del Toro was brining back the same cast.

I think Universal is pretty much waiting on the box office for Crimson Peak before either committing to or canceling Pacific Rim 2. If Crimson Peak is a hit, I can see this movie going forward.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

And Tull having an ability to alienate the studio he is partners with is not helping matters. The Universal deal is not two years old,and already Universal management is as pissed off at Legendary as Warners management was.

Where did this whole "Legendary makes studio execs furious" rumor start? I've never heard anything about that... and Legendary moving on from WB isn't enough (on its own) to explain that.

Where did this whole "Legendary makes studio execs furious" rumor start? I've never heard anything about that... and Legendary moving on from WB isn't enough (on its own) to explain that.

Universal hates him apparently. WB isn't happy to have him back either but they want that Godzilla vs King Kong movie. Edited by CJohn

I think Universal is pretty much waiting on the box office for Crimson Peak before either committing to or canceling Pacific Rim 2. If Crimson Peak is a hit, I can see this movie going forward.

yeah that one actually works Crimson Peak could maybe do fine but nothing spectular

THR, Variety, every site is reporting it.

Gotcha, that's what I get for not reading the full article.

But even after reading it, I gotta say, it's just spin being put out by whoever feels like getting their story to the media first. It really is. At the end of the day, money talks. If Universal is really that pissed at Tull and Legendary, they're free to find other sources to co-finance their slate. If Legendary projects do end up back at WB, then that proves the point even more. Pretty much every media article about Hollywood is essentially spin (for someone) aside from the basic, pure facts. It's conjecture and/or dick-measuring, or someone wants to sucker-punch or stab someone else in the back. It really means nothing, at the end of the day. The only thing that matters is direct action: will a movie be made or not? will another movie be financed or not? Will Company A cease to do business with Company B? The rest is just noise.

• Like 3

Gotcha, that's what I get for not reading the full article.

But even after reading it, I gotta say, it's just spin being put out by whoever feels like getting their story to the media first. It really is. At the end of the day, money talks. If Universal is really that pissed at Tull and Legendary, they're free to find other sources to co-finance their slate. If Legendary projects do end up back at WB, then that proves the point even more. Pretty much every media article about Hollywood is essentially spin (for someone) aside from the basic, pure facts. It's conjecture and/or dick-measuring, or someone wants to sucker-punch or stab someone else in the back. It really means nothing, at the end of the day. The only thing that matters is direct action: will a movie be made or not? will another movie be financed or not? Will Company A cease to do business with Company B? The rest is just noise.

I suppose companies like Legendary, Skydance, Ratpac are similar to Broadway producers whose only involvement is investing in the project, in the past financiers/investors were silent partners with no say in the creative process but as costs go up, the only way to get people to finance is to put their name above the title or in the credits and let them go to the premiere and the award ceremony as a bonus.

I wouldn't be surprised if Universal doesn't have Legendary co-finance JW2

• Like 2