Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

yeah they moved i because of Black Panther. I think it;s a better idea. If black panther is the huge hit people think it will be it could have hurt this film. i mean it will get the Marvel action film crowd but also the black audience as well. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2017 at 8:42 PM, YourMother said:

Well. Uprising is now in a worse spot. On the bright side, a Panther will completely dominate February and early March.

Exactly what I was hoping though Uprising was never going to be a competition domestically. But now BP has OS domination too.

@Morieris

I also completely forgot about Robin Hood. Hollywood stay trying to make the Middle Ages happen on the big screen.

ha,ha, this. It's funny that Hollywood completely failed with it after LOTR (which wasn't real Middle Ages but it was heavily inspired by that period). Kingdom of Heaven, King Arthur flopped. Then Robin Hood with too old cast flopped. Now these new "quirky" movies are flopping left and right (deserving so).  They just don't know how to handle it. Poeple don't want straight up MA, but mix with fantasy, like GoT (that satisfies MA fix for everyone), LOTR and how POTC turned pirates genre from flop to hit. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is a dick measuring contest to see which is the biggest DOM bomb: Robin Hood or Pacific Rim 2.

Don't forget Sherlock Gnomes, which opens on March 23rd too.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

Robin Hood for sure.  Pacific Rim 2 will make like 55M domestic.  I have doubts on Robin Hood even reaching 30M.

Hell, there's a small chance Gnomes does Storks numbers and outgrosses both.

• Like 1

I don't understand why Legendary went with a Pacific Rim sequel. They should have done a MonsterVerse film for 2018 to solidify that universe more. More opportunity for success with the MonsterVerse.

Edited by Cookson

2 minutes ago, Cookson said:

I don't understand why Legendary went with a Pacific Rim sequel. They should have done a MonsterVerse film for 2018 to solidify that universe more. More opportunity for success with the MonsterVerse.

China. Apaprently the first one did well there. I never understood love for Pacific Rim. I thought it was completely blah and that it was overhyped only cause BdT directed it. Dumb, awfully flat characters, bad dialog, cheesy lines, action shot in the dark as if it's a fuckin Underworld. Blech.

Edited by Valonqar