Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

So I guess I'm the only one happy about this news then? Animation has been great to Suess for the most part, and the only reason Lorax was disappointing to me was because it got way too heavy handed with its political message. Thankfully that won't be an issue for this though. And yes the original animated one is a classic, but let's be honest its showing its age at this point. An update would be nice if they do it well.

The Lorax was trash, Horton Hears a Who was the only tolerable Seuss adaption (besides the classic animated Grinch), I just don't believe you can turn Seuss' thin children's book into full fledged movies without compromising the original story's charm.

The only Seuss related thing I think could be a decent movie is Seussical, and that's more of a homage to Seuss.

• Like 1

I think people are allowing their anger for this film to drive what they think of its box office. Like it or not, how does this not kill at the box office? It's the Grinch, which made a shit load of money 14 years ago, it was surprisingly well received (I can't even begin to understand how - it was trash) and this new one will be 17 years apart which is more than enough time for folks to want another one and it will be marketed to a new generation of kids. The only con is having to compete with Pixar within days of release which admittedly could kill it, but this is an established brand and come on... it's an animated Christmas movie being released during the holidays. I don't see how this doesn't succeed with flying colors. 

I think people are allowing their anger for this film to drive what they think of its box office. Like it or not, how does this not kill at the box office? It's the Grinch, which made a shit load of money 14 years ago, it was surprisingly well received (I can't even begin to understand how - it was trash) and this new one will be 17 years apart which is more than enough time for folks to want another one and it will be marketed to a new generation of kids. The only con is having to compete with Pixar within days of release which admittedly could kill it, but this is an established brand and come on... it's an animated Christmas movie being released during the holidays. I don't see how this doesn't succeed with flying colors. 

The fact that it'll likely make bank only fuels my anger further. They know they can get away with making a shitty film, so why try to make a good one?

• Like 4

The fact that it'll likely make bank only fuels my anger further. They know they can get away with making a shitty film, so why try to make a good one?

Oh I agree with you. I don't care to see this either, but unfortunately the masses will eat it up. Think of it. All the parents who grew up with the original animated version tried to show their kids that film and kids nowadays don't see CGI and get bored so quickly. So now those parents will try to show their kid their beloved classic with a new twist that will keep those little fuckers in a seat for more than 30 minutes. 

My second or third most anticipated movie for next year. Don't understand the hate for Rin Howard's film, it's one of my all-time favourites.

Anyways very early predict just based on the release date and the brand

OW - 60M

DOM: 237M

• Like 1