Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

My reactions:

Very good premiere. A bit disjointed with the hopping all over the place, but its job was to set up all the storylines for this season and it did that very nicely.

Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Conleith Hill (Varys), and John Bradley (Samwell) are now series regulars in the opening credits. I approve of this. Posted Image

If I could rearrange the scenes in the episode I would have the Burning of the Seven scene with Stannis et al being the cold open for the episode, with a little expansion on who the characters are what Stannis aims to achieve. That'd have been an excellently ominous opening for the season.

There was one scene that pissed me off though and I want to remove the hell from the episode and it was that god-awful scene where Littlefinger tries to mess with Cersei and almost gets himself executed. It's a terrible scene because it's so out of character for Littlefinger to be that open. He jests and winks and insinuates, but he never lays cards out on the table. Ugh, a really bad moment in an otherwise strong opening.

Oh, one other thing. GREY WIND LOOKING EPIC AND BEASTLY FTW!!!!!!! B) B) B)

Edited by 4815162342

Finally saw it. Good ep. I continue to hope Joffrey's eventual demise will be damn brutal. One scene I liked in particular was that moment between Robb and his mother. Their relationship is by far the most heartrenching one in the series, imo.

It was ok. The performances were good, and the CGI was great. Though, a few problems.The pacing did feel a slow.They honestly need to get rid of Ros, she adds nothing to the episode, which already feels crammed and skipping a lot of the book.I agree the scene between Cersei and Littlefinger was completely out of character. They've done a poor job with him so far. I'm pretty disappointed.

Awesome, I couldn't care less about the book, I know it will be an amazing book so I've decided to hold of reading them until each season is done at least if not later.My favorite scene was definitely Rob and Jamie, and the fear that crashed through him with the Wolf.

A couple other comments:We saw Dolorous Edd! Hope we get loads of his dry cynical wit this season.The ending to the episode was great, with shades of King Herod/The Ten Commandments followed by a killer transition to Gendry/Arya/et al. The use of music was good, a darker, more booming varation of the royal theme from Season 1.

Actually got HBO yesterday about 3 hours before the premiere. Was so happy. :)Action is coming, guys. Don't expect it in the first episode. Has to set things up first. Just like Season 1 the first couple eps will probably feel a bit slow before shit hits the fan.I was surprised they had the Night's Watch get to Crastor's Keep so quickly. But I guess them finding a bunch of empty villages would be redundant and boring. That's all I'm remembering they skipped.Gotta remember there are only 10 episodes and they'll want to leave a lot of time for the rest to really shine.LOVED the added Robb/Jaime/Grey Wind scene. The added Littlefinger scene bugged me a bit because, as you guys have said, Petyr wouldn't be that stupid. But I guess they wanted to show how quick Cersei was to go batshit on someone.I do get kind of peeved by the out-of-the-blue, not necessary gratuitous sex scenes like the one with Ros. It's one thing if it's actually in the book or serves a purpose, but those kind just seem like they're putting it in just because they can because it's HBO. They could have set it up that it was at the brothel without that. We all know Ros is a whore and where she was. But a GoT ep without nekkid people and/or sex wouldn't be GoT now, would it?The ending was pretty awesome with the music along with the horribleness of what was going on.

I wonder why they haven't got to Riverrun yet.

Because they're sticking to 10-episode seasons and are trying to contain costs they're putting off the Tully family/Riverrun to Season 3 when they can fit them in better. While we lose some good character moments from Book 2 between Catelyn and Edmure, Riverrun itself isn't that necessary to the plot until later.