Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

This guy did direct some of the best recent Always Sunny episodes so I shouldn't be surprised.

Oh shit, he did Charlie Work?

No wonder this one was so good. Matt Shakman. Praise be on his name.

Can't wait for his Marvel movie. :sparta:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Oh shit, he did Charlie Work?

No wonder this one was so good. Matt Shakman. Praise be on his name.

Can't wait for his Marvel movie. :sparta:

He'll get the Terminator reboot James Cameron swears will be great.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

One thing I don't get. They show Dany's dragons doing all this stuff, but can't spring for occasional shots of Ghost chilling with Jon.

Is Ghost even with Jon right now? I presume he's at Winterfell, but last time we saw him was at the Wall.

Amazing episode 

Spoiler

I liked how they held to Jaimie-Bronn-Lannisters POV the whole time to make you root for the "bad" guys and make this whole scene harrowing instead of Danny blows up shit like a badass. And it adds more fire to the theory (my theory anyways) that she 'll have to stoop to Cersei's level to get the job done and the people that adore her won't like it very much. I bet she'll burn a few more Lannisters and Tarlys in the next episode.

The last 15 minutes were what the episode will be remembered for, but all the other stuff were pretty stellar too. I especially enjoyed the Stark reunion and how it played out with some tension instead of just tears. Now Bran JUST TELL your sisters about Littlefinger already. I live for the moment Littlefinger won't have any more lies to save him.

The Jon-Dany=L.F.E. stuff was fine but are we really gonna root for this? I won't exactly have a problem if it happens and it might, because the show is already winking at the possibility. Plus they have serious chemistry even if they just dumping exposition on each other most of the time til now. BUT SHE'S HIS AUNT. I don't care if it's ok for Targaryens and the world of the show, it will always feel a little icky to me.

Also how is this episode not called "Field of Fire"?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, El Panda Machos said:

Is Ghost even with Jon right now? I presume he's at Winterfell, but last time we saw him was at the Wall.

I assume he's in the North.

Because direwolf meets dragon is too good a thing not to show.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Amazing episode 

Hide contents

I liked how they held to Jaimie-Bronn-Lannisters POV the whole time to make you root for the "bad" guys and make this whole scene harrowing instead of Danny blows up shit like a badass. And it adds more fire to the theory (my theory anyways) that she 'll have to stoop to Cersei's level to get the job done and the people that adore her won't like it very much. I bet she'll burn a few more Lannisters and Tarlys in the next episode.

The last 15 minutes were what the episode will be remembered for, but all the other stuff were pretty stellar too. I especially enjoyed the Stark reunion and how it played out with some tension instead of just tears. Now Bran JUST TELL your sisters about Littlefinger already. I live for the moment Littlefinger won't have any more lies to save him.

The Jon-Dany=L.F.E. stuff was fine but are we really gonna root for this? I won't exactly have a problem if it happens and it might, because the show is already winking at the possibility. Plus they have serious chemistry even if they just dumping exposition on each other most of the time til now. BUT SHE'S HIS AUNT. I don't care if it's ok for Targaryens and the world of the show, it will always feel a little icky to me.

Also how is this episode not called "Field of Fire"?

I think it's not a big deal if

Spoiler

Dany and Jon get together since we've been conditioned by a brother/sister thing for 7 years.   That doesn't seem so bad in comparison.   And they have mentioned that the Targaryen's tend to marry relatives a few times.

24 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I think it's not a big deal if

Hide contents

Dany and Jon get together since we've been conditioned by a brother/sister thing for 7 years.   That doesn't seem so bad in comparison.   And they have mentioned that the Targaryen's tend to marry relatives a few times.

Yeah, yeah, I agree with all those things and the actors having great chemistry also helps, but the show 

Spoiler

doesn't really sell incest as a casual thing that happens in this world and that the audience should accept it as something natural or at least not icky.  There's all the stories about half the Targaryens going mad because of incest or Joffrey being a psychopath. And Cersei-Jaimie works (but it's still gross) because these characters were introduced that way. Cersei has done a billion worse things than fucking her brother and Jaimie is no knight in shining armour either, for them it isn't a big deal.

But if/when the Jon-Dany romantic bantering scenes happen, no matter how charming they are half the time I'll be thinking

56265103.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

I'd settle for seeing the damn dog at all. 

I swear, I'll be pissed if they don't give Nymeria's wolf pack at least one glorious scene/moment against the White Walkers.  You don't re-introduce a Direwolf and her pack into the story if you aren't going to use it (and Ghost should go running with them).

Edited by El Panda Machos
  • Like 1