Finding Nemo

43 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Finding Nemo

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's a good movie, but I find myself confused by the emotions in the film. It opens with a parental death and an incredibly sad credits sequence. Followed by an upbeat scene that seems to contrast too sharply. There's a sense of unease all the way up until where Nemo is taken because you're wondering "when is that going to happen?" And when it does, it's quite a distressing scene. So when Dory comes in and the film becomes pretty wacky, I just don't know what to feel, and I can't really enjoy myself. These rather severe up/downs persist throughout the film. I think the score, though stunning, is partly to blame.B/B+

Edited by lab276

Pixar's most beautiful film. The colors are fabulous, and the character design is remarkable. I also enjoy the characters, especially Dory, one of the greatest characters in animation history.An all around well made and really funny movie, that doesnt talk down to kids9/10

Edited by Jack Nevada

It's a good movie, but I find myself confused by the emotions in the film. It opens with a parental death and an incredibly sad credits sequence. Followed by an upbeat scene that seems to contrast too sharply. There's a sense of unease all the way up until where Nemo is taken because you're wondering "when is that going to happen?" And when it does, it's quite a distressing scene. So when Dory comes in and the film becomes pretty wacky, I just don't know what to feel, and I can't really enjoy myself. These rather severe up/downs persist throughout the film. I think the score, though stunning, is partly to blame.B/B+

I was under the impression every Pixar film earned an A from you?

the most overrated pixar movie, yet well above average.B+/A-The Incredibles A+++ 11.0/10WALL-E A+ 9.8 /10Ratatouille A+ 9.7/10Up A+ 9.6/10Monsters, Inc. A 9.5/10Toy Story 3 A- 9.3/10Brave A- 9.2/10Toy Story 2 A- 8.8/10Finding Nemo B+ 8.5/10A Bug's Life B 7.6/10Cars B 7.5/10Toy Story C+ 6.2/10Cars 2 C- 4.0/10

Edited by Goffeweenie
  • Like 1

They used the best, easiest trick in the book for a successful screenplay: making the audience care. The opening scene is the smartest thing this movie did. It justifies all of Marlin's decisions and makes his quest engaging. A pity Stanton forgot this when he made John Carter. I prefer WALL-E but this is a bonafide classic. The traditional Pixar formula at its finest.

They used the best, easiest trick in the book for a successful screenplay: making the audience care. The opening scene is the smartest thing this movie did. It justifies all of Marlin's decisions and makes his quest engaging. A pity Stanton forgot this when he made John Carter.

It's weird that he had originally written Finding Nemo with the same kind of story structure he used with JC (character's behavior is explained through brief flashbacks throughout the film, rather than as one prologue). He realized it didn't work then, so why did he do it with John Carter? Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

the most overrated pixar movie, yet well above average.B+/A-The Incredibles A+++ 11.0/10WALL-E A+ 9.8 /10Ratatouille A+ 9.7/10Up A+ 9.6/10Monsters, Inc. A 9.5/10Toy Story 3 A- 9.3/10Brave A- 9.2/10Toy Story 2 A- 8.8/10Finding Nemo B+ 8.5/10A Bug's Life B 7.6/10Cars B 7.5/10Toy Story C+ 6.2/10Cars 2 C- 4.0/10

Ratatouille:10Wall-E:9.5The Incredibles:9Finding Nemo:6Toy Story:6Brave:5