1. 1. Grade The Empire Strikes Back

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

You're closer to Salacious Crumb IMO

That's low you son of a bitch

lol people went quite nuts for the Slave girl outfit back in ROTJ lol. 

I remember seeing it the first time on the back of the VHS when I was 8. To say I couldn't keep my eyes off it was an understatement.

So I just watched this one and have heard a lot of good things about it. People even say it's better than the original one, I can see now why they may say that, the force is strong with them. It has a lot of emotion and character development, yeah it has deeper meaning than the first one. I like the big reveal in the end I wasn't sure about that moment I heard very little about it like 5-7 years ago. So it was kinda of wiped out off my memory, which means I wasn't really expecting it to happen and I think that saved me from ruining the movie for myself. I think I found my favorite fictional couple of all time. They were just great together and from that first meeting in ANH I knew there was something special brewing between them. As for Luke, he is really my least favorite character, but I still like him and you see more to him in this one and he reveals his true potential. Yoda speaks funny and why does he seems like he is on crack all the time? :-) The story was perfect and it was pacing perfectly and that 2:00 hours running was short to me. I needed more. Another perfect A+

• Like 11

Fun fact, in the first couple drafts of Empire, Darth Vader was not Luke's father. Instead we saw the ghost of Anakin Skywalker talk to Luke.

The Battle of Hoth is another tremendous action achievement. Like the Battle of Yavin the musical accompaniment is stellar without a wasted note, though there are a few excess, unnecessary shots (like the one medium shot of an AT-ST. It's the only time we see an AT-ST in the battle and it's just walking. It's only purpose is to go "Hey, there's a smaller two-legged Imperial Walker as well).

• Like 5

Fun fact, in the first couple drafts of Empire, Darth Vader was not Luke's father. Instead we saw the ghost of Anakin Skywalker talk to Luke.

What changed then to make it the way it is? 

What changed then to make it the way it is? 

Lucas always was toying with the idea of Vader being Luke's father, but it wasn't until the second draft of the screenplay that he decided to go for it since he decided it was the right story angle to take.

In the first screenplay draft Luke meets his father's ghost on Dagobah and is administered the "Jedi Oath" after being told he has a twin sister who is in hiding on the other side of the galaxy. Then Luke has an LSD trance-vision of him in the middle of space with Vader and trying to grab stars that burn his hand when he touches them.

There's actually a lot of weird ideas that got pitched for the Original Trilogy and which even made it into early drafts of all those movies. Like for example in an early draft of Empire Vader goes to chill at his house, which is a castle made of iron on an island in the middle of a blood-red sea and he sits in a chair feeding gargoyles out of a fishbowl.

• Like 3

Yup and after Empire Lucas' weird-ass ideas actually make it to film, first the Ewoks, then the SE's and then Jar Jar and kid Anakin and well most of the PT.

Trust me, Jedi had far weirder ideas that did not show up.

• Like 2

The greatest sequel of all-time and one of the best movies  ever. The tone, acting, score are perfect. Yoda makes his debut. The Darth Vader imperial march. The ending. 

and I am your father.....

Amazing would be an understatement.

A Masterpiece.

A+++

• Like 5