Mockingjay Raphael

Jurassic World OS | 1.015B OS | 1.667B WW | China 228m, United Kingdom 100.5m, Japan 74.8m

JW will make $900-950 from this countries. I think $1 billion OS is difficult but not imposible. It will in WW over F7 thanks to the fantastic domestic performance. 

I guess Japan will be the deciding factor if it can reach 1B OS.

• Like 1

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

$900M OS without Japan, $650M dom, $1.55B without Japan. It will sit at the top all the way to December,

without Japan. Unless the Force truly Awakens, Jurassic World will be the King of the Jungle

Also of note: JP1 did $120M in Japan, LW $85M, and JPIII only managed $41M

The decline is significant but if Japanese interest aligns with US', it just might

do crazy numbers too. But considering there is a lack of box office interest

in US movies, with the exception of Disney stuff, recently, Japan might do $50M or so.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 2

$900M OS without Japan, $650M dom, $1.55B without Japan. It will sit at the top all the way to December,

without Japan. Unless the Force truly Awakens, Jurassic World will be the King of the Jungle

Also of note: JP1 did $120M in Japan, LW $85M, and JPIII only managed $41M

The decline is significant but if Japanese interest aligns with US', it just might

do crazy numbers too. But considering there is a lack of box office interest

in US movies, with the exception of Disney stuff, recently, Japan might do $50M or so.

As long as it passes JP3, i think its a good result. Japan has changed so much in the last years that every hollywood movie except Disney its a huge wildcard.

So far JW passes Fast and Furious WW, I'm alright.

It might be an unpopular opinion here but I didn't like FF7 very much.

I did not like either ;)

And yes, JW will outgross F7. It should reach 1.6 billion. Maybe 1.65 billion.

So far JW passes Fast and Furious WW, I'm alright.

It might be an unpopular opinion here but I didn't like FF7 very much.

Your opinion is not unpopular at all. I'm a car guy at heart and I found it very difficult to like that film.

You can pretend that an R8 V10 plus would have its engine explode racing a 50 year old car with a modified engine. You can pretend that a kit car can jump through skyscrapers and break double-glazed bulletproof glass. You can pretend that cars can survive falling off a plane. Heck you can pretend (and we're really stretching it here) that a Jeep wrangler and dodge challenger can physically destroy tanks such as Merc G-class SUV's and heck you can even PRETEND that Vin Diesel comes back to life in his girlfriend's arms after a friggin building falls on him. BUT when you see a POS clunker survive direct impact from a military grade missile and then go on to destroy a beautiful ASTON, you have clearly crossed the line!! This movie accounts to automotive blasphemy in every way possible.

And let's not even get to the part where they cash in on Paul Walker's death as a device to evoke an emotional response and make more $$$. Heath Ledger died before TDK was out but they never had to resort to such tactics to make money. It's a good thing JW's brining back the title of Universal's hottest property back to the JP franchise. I actually liked FF till part 5 because they didn't feel the need to insult other car brands just to make Dodges look better on screen, and Vin Diesel hadn't become an immortal superhero till that point. 

Edited by scoobysaurus

that surpasses the most people predicting AoU's WW gross.

Yeah. I had AoU making 1.6-1.7 billion before release. I thought ni April that F7 would be the biggest story of the year and now we have this. Nothing is locked in box office, never.

• Like 1

At my hopes, JW will do $720m domestic, $1.030b OS, and a total of $1.75b.

You can hope for whatever you want, but I don't see 720m domestic. That would require some insane late legs.

I think a more likely finish would be 640-670m domestic, and 920-960m OS.

• Like 3

Good hold. I didn't really expect this to keep dropping less than 50% after a record-breaking OS weekend. And it still has to open in a 50m market (Japan). I think 1B OS can Happen. And it should definitely get atleast close to it. HP 8's OS gross will, sadly, be beaten once again I think.

• Like 2

Weekend gross = 84.3M

Full week = 161.1M, out of which

China = 39.5M

Non-China = 121.6M (41% drop)

China will add another 20M, while rest of the markets should add around 160M with 40-45% drops. Thus, it should finish with around 925M from current markets.

• Like 3

So 1B OS wont be happening. I am having a feeling this one wont do that great in Japan. At best around 40m. It needs at least 950m minus Japan to stay in hunt for 1B. But it had amazing run and will win the year WW and Domestic.

$40m from Japan sounds reasonable but don't you think that's the floor for what it could make over there? I mean even Jurassic Park 3 made more than that 14 years ago. I understand the market has changed considerably but even if we say it makes as much as JP3 adjusted it should still be about $60m.

But tbh as long as it gets to #1 Dom and WW for this year and gets that #3 spot all time WW (and maybe #2 Dom if it beats Titanic!) I'll be happy even if it doesn't get mind-blowing numbers in Japan :D

Weekend gross = 84.3M

Full week = 161.1M, out of which

China = 39.5M

Non-China = 121.6M (41% drop)

China will add another 20M, while rest of the markets should add around 160M with 40-45% drops. Thus, it should finish with around 925M from current markets.

Higher.