baumer

Transformers Last Knight 5.5m in previews...WW 5.45 -37% from last Tuesday

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

:rofl:

I got there after using Snapchat for I think...a day or two?

I just can't imagine sitting in the theatre with a kid who feels the need to whip pit his phone and take a picture just so everyone knows he saw the Emoji Movie trailer

• Like 1

Wonder Woman will start tracking above Deadpool in cumulative gross by Thursday or Friday and come out of the weekend with a roughly 7-10M lead on it. That would be something no one saw coming when the OW numbers came in.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

At this point is there really anything that the last knight is going to do that we haven't already expected and discussed for the last probably year. 75 million five day has been discussed for a long time which means we'll probably end up with about 150 or 160. Hopefully more.

This sounds about right to me. Could see it going as high as 85 to 90 5 day.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Olive said:

Transformers: Age of Extinction, the last movie, started previews on Thursday night three years ago minting $8.75M from late-night showings starting at 9 PM on 2,990 screens.

That's about a 37% drop from the previous movie's opening night number. If that continues through Sunday, TF5 will end up around $76m.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I just can't imagine sitting in the theatre with a kid who feels the need to whip pit his phone and take a picture just so everyone knows he saw the Emoji Movie trailer

upon seeing the trailer for The Emoji Movie, the teenage boy grabs his phone and takes a picture of the trailer.  The family behind him is evidently disturbed by this.  The little boy of the family asks "Mommy, is that what I'll end up like if I don't go to college?"  His mom replies "Yes.  Yes it is."

• Like 11

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

upon seeing the trailer for The Emoji Movie, the teenage boy grabs his phone and takes a picture of the trailer.  The family behind him is evidently disturbed by this.  The little boy of the family asks "Mommy, is that what I'll end up like if I don't go to college?"  His mom replies "Yes.  Yes it is."

He grows up to become this:

Image result for american horror story gif

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wonder Woman will start tracking above Deadpool in cumulative gross by Thursday or Friday and come out of the weekend with a roughly 7-10M lead on it. That would be something no one saw coming when the OW numbers came in.

$370-380m final total?

I sometimes wish that some theaters wouldn't allow cell phones in some screening like they do with advanced showings where they take away phones or don't even let them in.  It would stop a lot of that kind of mess :P 

• Like 2

I mean like I post on my Snapchat story when I'm going to see a movie (as in "seeing The Mummy" or something along those lines), but that's it.  I don't take a picture every single time there's an ad for the newest My Little Pony movie or something.

• Like 1