baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

They are smart about GG.... They know its no oscar film..

So overhype the hell out of it and make people watch it...

I have concerns about Star Trek..

Talked to a lot of people over the weekend and people don't know it comes out next week lol

Also Fast Six is going to open huge...

Edited by Lordmandeep

They are smart about GG.... They know its no oscar film.. So overhype the hell out of it and make people watch it... I have concerns about Star Trek.. Talked to a lot of people over the weekend and people don't know it comes out next week lol

What about Fast 6? Do they know about that?

Fast Six is going crazy nuts with the under 25 crowd...

If it opened in early April or something it would have blown up like crazy...

Compeition will hurt it.

I think Star Trek is in trouble as one of the big reasons Star Trek broke out was the under 25 crowd and I think they will check out Fast Six and Hangover 3 instead.

Personally me and my friends are interested in Star Trek but have decided to all go see fast Six.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Compeition will hurt it.

FF6 will hurt STiD, though.

Compeition will hurt it.

I think Star Trek is in trouble as one of the big reasons Star Trek broke out was the under 25 crowd and I think they will check out Fast Six and Hangover 3 instead.

Personally me and my friends are interested in Star Trek but have decided to all go see fast Six.

I think Trek will do well domestic, but OS, it's a different matter. Has it have a better release schedule, I think it would do very well overseas compared to the last one. But current schedules look not good, coming head to head with FF6, which will be big.

FAst Six will be the first big film after Im3 in most markets  (non English Speaking and outside Europe) so it should explode...

Domestically, its a lot of competiton and they are all three going for a lot of overlaping crowds...

Fast Six, ST2 and Hangover 2...

They have their target groups but if they want to break out they need to appeal more broadly,

Edited by Lordmandeep

TA is in effect domestically as IM3 will sell as many tickets or more then IM1

so silence you mewling quims...

:rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

I can see F6 cracking some of the above 25 crowd. My parents were turned off by TH2, but they keep asking me questions about F6, and I think they realize that they come out at the same time and they know its my most anticipated so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to tag along when I went, but I think GG will get the most adults for May- after IM. ST still has barely any hype outside the web. If you go to Twitter and search star trek, all the tweets are from bloggers websites. And F6 will hurt STID more, not vice versa, its comes out later. TH3 will also give STID and F6 punches, but I have no faith in TH. Look at F6's other comp. AE? No, Epic? Coexist, Internship? No, Purge? No, NYSM? Slightly with the young crowd maybe. F6 will take a big punch with MOS, but it has 3 weeks to prep. And competition blah blah, if people want to see a movie, they will see it! Goes for any movie. MU wont fall off the earth with DM and Thor 2 wont fall off the earth with CF.

PS. Is that 11M IM number good? Seems good for this time of year, but wasnt SM3's 9M? And that opened 23M less. Still a good # right?

• Like 1

It had to play well with famalies.

How else does a film these days get a 62 million Saturday when making 53 million dollars during the day before (not including previews)....

• Like 1

Relatively big Monday drop but not unprecedented (IM1 dropped about the same). In fact, the abnormal Saturday jump showed that it is playing better with families and this Monday drop just confirms that. So next Friday it should jump over 150% IMO.

• Like 4