baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

Its an okay number but the real test is this weekend.

Also I am starting to agree that Fast Six and Im3 will be the only films do well above expectations this month.

I am seeing lots of people predicting the all-time record biggest weekend ever for Memorial Day this year, but I hope that folks realize that even it it breaks the all-time record, there will still be some disappointing numbers that weekend. (Under some folks' predictions at least.)

TDKR would be the current goal?

That's incredibly optimistic for an $11M monday and all the competition coming out this month. What sort of second weekend are you predicting for that? Seems like it would need just about $90 million.

I'd say Dead Man's Chest

That's a bit more reasonable, but with the guaranteed loss of screen counts coming up Memorial Day weekend, I think it'll be more like the Toy Story 3 / Hunger Games range.

Despite the OP quoted number of likely $280m after 10 days I'm going with a full $300m after 10 days at this point. Early word on Gatsby is it's mixed so it may not pull away GA's as once thought.

Early world for Les Mis was mixed as well, look it how well that turned out! If Les Mis can gross 148M domestically, Great Gatsby will have no problem crossing 100M+.
  • Like 1

Despite the OP quoted number of likely $280m after 10 days I'm going with a full $300m after 10 days at this point. 

What do you have IM3 at after Thursday? 215?

I really don't think an 85M second weekend is even remotely possible.

Early world for Les Mis was mixed as well, look it how well that turned out!If Les Mis can gross 148M domestically, Great Gatsby will have no problem crossing 100M+.

That is actually a really good comparison

There is no way this movie is hitting $450m. Come on, guys.

I think $420m might be achievable, but I'm thinking $415m for now.

I predicted 405 in the BSG so I would be more than happy with that total.

redfirebird2008, on 07 May 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:Glad it didn't play out like that. As disappointing as the Transformers-esque third act of IM1 was, everything up to that point was awesome and I think Stane is still the best villain of the franchise.

IMHO:Actually Whiplash aka Vanko in IM2 is a rather classic super villain that you would expect from a comic book. Vanko is Stark's mirror opposite and creative/brainy counterpart (Stane is just a board-room back-stabber). Like Tony, He too was forced to use his knowledge for selfish purpose. In a way, Vanko & Stark kinda stand for the writers, the creative people in H'wood, how sometimes they too get exploited (underpaid, manipulated to write junks) by the suits.The makers of IM2 chose instead to fill IM2 with very boring myth-arc fillers for TA. You should take out the whole Black Widow-Nick Fury stuff, and instead they should flesh out the conflict between Stark & Vanko, focus on their game of one-up-manship. IM3, while the most entertaining of the three for the GA (a lot of comic moments), feels light on the action and super-heroics. It is great to see Tony go MacGyver, but a Marvel movie should focus on the superhero's "super heroic" capability. Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1