baumer

Monday #s (Guru)

Yeah  I only watch around 2-3films a month (not including January-April,  I barely watch any films than). The last film I watched more than once in theatres was The Help. I didn't pay for it the second time. 

Edited by ban1o

Baby steps friend. Right now I'm just curious to see if it can reach $300m. Still very early and it has a shitload of competition starting Friday.

If it misses 300M, that would be beyond shocking. It does face big competition this weekend but if it can make 50M+ then it has legitimate shot at 350M.

Baby steps friend. Right now I'm just curious to see if it can reach $300m. Still very early and it has a shitload of competition starting Friday.

Yeah, after TASM I've become a lot more cautious when it comes to the box office of reboots. And if it doesn't reach the $300m mark, I feel like TASM was a lesson that should be learned by everyone: these films are to estabilish a new take on old characters, not break box office records. The fact that both films did with their runs are just a bonus. 

Edited by iKent

If it misses 300M, that would be beyond shocking. It does face big competition this weekend but if it can make 50M+ then it has legitimate shot at 350M.

Yeah, at this point I'd be shocked if it misses 300M. I think 300M is almost locked.

Edited by ACCA

Exhibitor Relations5 minutes ago near Los Angeles, CAMonday's top movies: #1 MAN OF STEEL $12.6M ($141M) #2 THIS IS THE END $3.4M ($36M) #3 NYSM $1.5M ($82M)

Thats a pretty good hold for NYSM, 58% drop. This movie looks like it's doing its own thing and haven't been affected much by competitions.How's that drop for TITE? I don't remember its Sun number.
  • Like 4

All of you who see movies multiple times... I'm so jealous. If I had money, just this summer, I would've seen IM3 and NYSM again, along with a third watch of STID. Also would've gone IMAX 2D for MoS. I also wish Mud had hit my area...

Thats a pretty good hold for NYSM, 58% drop. This movie looks like it's doing its own thing and haven't been affected much by competitions.

i remember all the articles bitching 'what does THIS do in the summer???!!' :lol:

now its my turn to laugh ;)

Posted Image

Hopefully TITE can hold steady

I need it to beat HO3

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 2

Are you sure that's an acceptable drop for MOS? Toy Story 3 dropped only 51% I believe

TS3 dropped 51%, but no Superhero movie has dropped that little in June. This drop is in line with Superhero drops in June, especially coming off a really strong Father's day performance.

Edited by grim22

Are you sure that's an acceptable drop for MOS? Toy Story 3 dropped only 51% I believe

Toy Story on its 1st Monday dropped 51.3%, coming off a Sunday drop of 13.5%. Man of Steel here has a roughly 65% drop, coming off a 0.1% Sunday drop or essentially flat Sunday. If we combine the Sunday and Monday drops for both films, that equals to 64.8% for TS3 versus the estimated 65.1% for MOS, which is VERY impressive.

This is all keeping in mind MOS burned off some demand Thursday, and that Toy Story 3 is a more family friendly film than MOS.

Edited by ACCA
  • Like 2

Toy Story on its 1st Monday dropped 51.3%, coming off a Sunday drop of 13.5%. Man of Steel here has a roughly 65% drop, coming off a 0.1% Sunday drop or essentially flat Sunday. If we combine the Sunday and Monday drops for both films, that equals to 64.8% for TS3 versus the estimated 65.1% for MOS, which is VERY impressive.

This is all keeping in mind MOS burned off some demand Thursday, and that Toy Story 3 is a more family friendly film than MOS.

How on earth did you come up with 64.8% drop for TS3 from saturday?

TS3 saturday : 37,091,130

TS3 Monday: 15,606,086 which is 42% of saturday number. So combining sunday and monday drops gives it just under 58% drop which is much better than MOS. But TS3 had lot stronger reception than MOS and is not a comparable with each other. MOS is doing fine.

TS3 Monday: 15,606,086 which is 42% of saturday number. So combining sunday and monday drops gives it just under 58% drop which is much better than MOS. But TS3 had lot stronger reception than MOS and is not a comparable with each other. MOS is doing fine.

I didn't do a percentage drop of Monday from Saturday.

I simply added the Sunday and Monday drop percentages together, that's all.

That's hard to compare in any case, since as mentioned MOS burned off a fair amount of demand Thursday which TS3 did not.

His point was that Man of Steel had a good Monday drop. Simple.

• Like 1

I didn't do a percentage drop of Monday from Saturday.

I simply added the Sunday and Monday drop percentages together, that's all.

That's hard to compare in any case, since as mentioned MOS burned off a fair amount of demand Thursday which TS3 did not.

you dont just add drops. if a film drops 50% on consecutive days overall drop is not 100% but just 75%. So its not a good comparison.

Monday drop is anyway nothing to do with thursday number which was anyway Walmart money and not exactly tickets sold.

• Like 2