Sam

Thursday Numbers | Actuals: MOS 7.011, TITE 2.1, NYSM 1.196

Anything over 50m would be amazing for MOS this weekend!

I'm thinking it will have a hard time staying above 45m though with the competition :(

My optimistic prediction:

14.6m Friday +105%

19.6m Saturday +35%

14.7m Sunday -25%

Total: 48.9m

Edited by Punishment
  • Like 1

MOS's demographics make it a weekend movie. Look for a bigger than expected jump on Friday and stronger than expected hold on Sunday.

WOM spreads ASAP today. That hold last Sunday is proof the wom is at least 'decent.

• Like 2

I'm not sure on worse but my best would be:

Friday:  15.5 (120%)

Sat:  22.5 (+45%)

Sun:  17 (-25%)

55 mill

I'll be optimistic here:

14.48m Friday (102%)

19.4m Saturday (34%)

15.12m Sunday (-22%)

49m weekend

Anything over 50m would be amazing for MOS this weekend!

I'm thinking it will have a hard time staying above 45m though with the competition :(

My optimistic prediction:

14.6m Friday +105%

19.6m Saturday +35%

14.7m Sunday -25%

Total: 48.9m

Posted Image

I can understand the giant Friday bumps, but is there a reason to expect 40-45% jump on Saturday for Man of Steel? I'm looking at jumps on that same weekend during the past 3 years and am not seeing much evidence for it. Not counting a few limited release films, the only 45% jump I see was for Iron Man 2 in 2010, but that was in weekend 8, not weekend 2. 

a young itinerant worker is forced to confront his secret extraterrestrial heritage when Earth is invaded by members of his own race

And with this the quintessential parody description of the film gets its first foundation

I'm not feeling over $50, sans WB accounting gymnastics. 

Strong openers, modest WOM for a $45-49m weekend. 

Imagine if the Walmart number had been counted towards OW, 45M-49M 2nd weekend off of 128.6M OW would make for some ugly drops  :lol: I doubt anyone will complain about Walmart number not included in OW then.