CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Turbo - 5.6M

Safe House, The Croods, and The Proposal all say hi. Three movies that had Ryan Reynolds in them that didn’t flop.

That's why I mentioned TC2. Those were all hits, but Hollywood is all about "what have you done lately" and while SH and TC are recent, right before them was Green Lantern and The Change-Up and right after is Turbo and R.I.P.D. (To be fair, both lose look like flops in the making, but it's still early).

I actually like RR, but he should stick to lighter roles, I still watch his old TV series 2 Guys, a Girl and a pizza place when it's on.

Safe House's numbers were all Denzel and the marketing of him playing another bad guy.  People LOVED him in Training Day and American Gangster.

Still it opened bigger than most of his movies. An average Denzel Washington movie opens to around 20 million. Only two of his films have opened with to 40 million or more (American Gangster, and Safe House).

That's why I mentioned TC2. Those were all hits, but Hollywood is all about "what have you done lately" and while SH and TC are recent, right before them was Green Lantern and The Change-Up and right after is Turbo and R.I.P.D. (To be fair, both lose look like flops in the making, but it's still early).

I actually like RR, but he should stick to lighter roles, I still watch his old TV series 2 Guys, a Girl and a pizza place when it's on.

I don’t really blame him if (when) RIDP flops. Universal has pretty much buried the movie, with lack of marketing and no really confidence in the film.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

That's why I mentioned TC2. Those were all hits, but Hollywood is all about "what have you done lately" and while SH and TC are recent, right before them was Green Lantern and The Change-Up and right after is Turbo and R.I.P.D. (To be fair, both lose look like flops in the making, but it's still early). I actually like RR, but he should stick to lighter roles, I still watch his old TV series 2 Guys, a Girl and a pizza place when it's on.

I like RR too. It always seems silly to hate an actor for doing what starring in a film you didn't like?
  • Like 3

Safe House, The Croods, and The Proposal all say hi. Three movies that had Ryan Reynolds in them that didn’t flop.

None of these were anchored by Reynolds. In terms of recent movies in which Reynolds was the biggest star, you have Green Lantern and Change-Up. This guy isn't poison but he sure isn't a draw. 

• Like 1

None of these were anchored by Reynolds. In terms of recent movies in which Reynolds was the biggest star, you have Green Lantern and Change-Up. This guy isn't poison but he sure isn't a draw. 

Incarnadine said he had never been in a hit. I said he has, not that he actually headlined a hit.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Incarnadine said he had never been in a hit. I said he has, not that he actually headlined a hit.

Umm, what I said was

"Dreamworks better fast track The Croods 2 if this doesn't do well overseas. I'm sure RR recognizes the need to be in a movie that won't be a flop."

He's obviously been in hits, but 4 of his last 6 movies have been, or look like they will flop (unless you count a non speaking Cameo in Ted).

His 2 recent hits were Safe House, which most people attribute the success to Denzel, and The Croods, where he had a supporting role in an ensemble.

Given 4 flops in his last 6 releases he does need another hit asap, if he adds any more flops to the current streak even good supporting roles will start drying up, and leading roles will pretty much be at an end.

Umm, what I said was

"Dreamworks better fast track The Croods 2 if this doesn't do well overseas. I'm sure RR recognizes the need to be in a movie that won't be a flop."

He's obviously been in hits, but 4 of his last 6 movies have been, or look like they will flop (unless you count a non speaking Cameo in Ted).

His 2 recent hits were Safe House, which most people attribute the success to Denzel, and The Croods, where he had a supporting role in an ensemble.

Given 4 flops in his last 6 releases he does need another hit asap, if he adds any more flops to the current streak even good supporting roles will start drying up, and leading roles will pretty much be at an end.

I know. You just said it in a way that could be misinterpreted. I took advantage of that.

Why would it have that terrible of legs? Most animated movies have at least 3 time multipliers.

I definitely think it'll get over a 3 multiplier.

I don't think great legs are likely, though...too much competition.  The Smurfs 2 comes out in 2 weeks and Planes comes out in 3 weeks.  That'll be 5 computer-animated movies released within 50 days.

6 mill is terrible? How? And if this film doesnt do well its not the casts fault lol. Kids arent running up to their parents saying they want to see Turbo because Ryan Reynolds is in it. Some of you need to think about whatvyoure saying before you say it.

• Like 12

I don’t really blame him if (when) RIDP flops. Universal has pretty much buried the movie, with lack of marketing and no really confidence in the film.

Lack of marketing? There have been TV spots and movie trailers everywhere for ages.

6 mill is terrible? How? And if this film doesnt do well its not the casts fault lol. Kids arent running up to their parents saying they want to see Turbo because Ryan Reynolds is in it. Some of you need to think about whatvyoure saying before you say it.

$6m is terrible because the film cost so much, and because it's likely going to be one of the lowest-ever grossing Dreamworks Animation movies.