Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You mean Scott Eastwood doesn't do it for ya? His sole purpose in the movie is to the fill the "white pretty boy" void left in Walker's absence.

Eastwood worked in this because his acting was befitting a "blank slate" character. However, I don't see him becoming the Paul Walker for this series. The Rock and Diesel was the natural next duo, but that is not happening anymore.

47 minutes ago, MrPink said:

While Con Air is the better Nic Cage movie (it exemplifies everything about Peak Action hero Cage), I prefer Face/Off as a whole. John Travolta seals the deal with all the fun he's having.

"Hey boss, I'm really sorry to hear about Tito"

"Oh you know...shit happens"

Wait, there are people who think CON AIR is better than FACE/OFF?

• Like 3

Cage was probably biologically bold in 1986 but he fought it harder than anyone else in Hollywood.

Bruce Willis tried as long a she could but one day, he understood how ridiculous it was and went full Kojack.

10 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Wait, there are people who think CON AIR is better than FACE/OFF?

I think that is the majority view actually. Con Air has gained a massive following since the theatrical release and most would likely rank it as the best Cage movie, Face/Off fell off a bit since the John Woo tropes became vogue. Hell, there are good arguments to be made for The Rock to be better than either of those.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sam said:

*raise hand*

I mean

tumblr_mwbjk4QCaX1rvzbdgo1_r2_250.gif

Can you blame me? 

Yes. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think that is the majority view actually. Con Air has gained a massive following since the theatrical release and most would likely rank it as the best Cage movie, Face/Off fell off a bit since the John Woo tropes became vogue. Hell, there are good arguments to be made for The Rock to be better than either of those.

People are stupid. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

People are stupid. 

Why criticize people for liking one movie more than the other? Are you becoming the person you hated. Why can't you find peace in the fact that you like Face/Off better than Con Air even though it is probably not the prevailing wisdom. Why can't you go gently into the night? Why should your old age  burn and rave at close of day? Why must you insist on raging - raging against the dying of the light?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Why criticize people for liking one movie more than the other? Are you becoming the person you hated. Why can't you find peace in the fact that you like Face/Off better than Con Air even though it is probably not the prevailing wisdom. Why can't you go gently into the night? Why should your old age  burn and rave at close of day? Why must you insist on raging - raging against the dying of the light?

Because I'm right. :lol: 

(I suppose I could go on a tear about how movies shouldn't get reduced to whichever is deemed more meme-worthy but then again, it'd just be another Old Man Tele rant, wouldn't it?) :lol: 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

I'm a simple fan. I see Nicolas Cage with glorious long hair, I'm all in.

No regrets. 

(Face/Off is incredible of course. It's a movie by ma boy John Woo, how can it not? John Travolta often got overlooked in favor of Cage in that movie, but like Pink said, he definitely helped sealing the deal and cemented its greatness) 

• Like 1

If I come across The Rock or Con Air playing I'll often watch them through to the end. 

I can't recall being motivated enough to watch Face/Off since I saw it when it first came out. 

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Haven't seen any of these :ph34r: 

They are all worth watching :)

But I would probably start with The Rock first, then work down from there

• Like 1