Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

LOL, the rumour is from doomcook, World Of Reel just publish it 

It's seriously a shitty info with no credibility at all, doomcook is a jerk

And i mean, not only ViewerAnon (which always knows this things) said he hasn't heard of a public screening, much less with 6 different endings, but Mangold himself said it didn't happen 

There's no reason to think everyone is lying, Mangold didn't even need to talk about this. 

Yes, i'm sure some internal screenings happened because that's how studio movies are done, and discussions are usual (remember how The Batman face the same thing on WB?), but that's not what the report said at all, it's just fake. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

And i mean, not only ViewerAnon (which always knows this things) said he hasn't heard of a public screening, much less with 6 different endings, but Mangold himself said it didn't happen 

There's no reason to think everyone is lying, Mangold didn't even need to talk about this. 

Yes, i'm sure some internal screenings happened because that's how studio movies are done, and discussions are usual (remember how The Batman face the same thing on WB?), but that's not what the report said at all, it's just fake. 

The Fandom Menace people are obviously eager to tear this movie apart while we hardly know anything about it. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

OOF Doomcock? 

I've seen World of Reel post some legit scoops here and there but I'm not overly aware of their track record so I wasn't sure and posted here...but reposting Doomcock?...DOOMCOCK??? My bad for sending it lol

• Like 5

Not surprising in the least. I've always thought the 6 month mark that studios used to use for tentpole film first trailer releases was perfect, and mid to late December is that mark. Obviously it's also a good fit to attach the trailer to Avatar: The Way of Water in December. I anticipate a first trailer for Guardians 3 around then as well, just like with Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Can this film be 2023's TGM? 

Not saying it can make as much but 500 million + domestically achievable if it's any good. Having a bit of genuine emotion and not killing off Indy being key factors here.

Yes. I think it will be highest grossing of 2023 Dom with low 500s

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

i just looked up doomcock and how do people watch that shit

Doomcock knows what certain people want to hear and peddles it, even if that doesn't completely align with reality.

Edited by 35MM-18

6 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

Doomcock knows what certain people want to hear and peddles it, even if that doesn't completely align with reality.

I was more so talking about his style and presentation.  You couldn't pay me to watch that gimmick.  And I thought the Critical Drinker's shtick was annoying.

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I was more so talking about his style and presentation.  You couldn't pay me to watch that gimmick.  And I thought the Critical Drinker's shtick was annoying.

The Critical Drinker actually makes some good points though. Not all these people are basement dwelling mouth breathers. He doesn't lay on the hyperbole and memes like others do. 

I of course don't agree with everything he says but he calls it like it is with a lot of stuff that passes for entertainment these days.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Could be a huge hit if it's good. At least they didn't hire some MCU neural network, but actually went for a real filmmaker who also fits the material. And it's a good thing Lucas is not involved, he almost single handedly ruined Indy 4.

Edited by Firepower

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

Could be a huge hit if it's good. At least they didn't hire some MCU neural network, but actually went for a real filmmaker who also fits the material. And it's a good thing Lucas is not involved, he almost single handedly ruined Indy 4.

It's no secret he and Spielberg had major differences during the making of the film.

It was not a total disaster..it had a little fun stuff in it.....but it was still a huge,huge, disapointment. Indy just works better with supernatural menaces rather then Sci fi menances.

Hell, I think Lucas hurt the Star Wars franchise with the first two of the Prequels.

Edited by dudalb