Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

Critical Drinker saw how much attention anti-woke grifters got on twitter and thought "I can make a movie channel out of that!"

And it was a good tactic, the guy's done well. But he never once surprises you. Because that's not what the channel's for. It's for guys who get annoyed that actors other than white males now get a look-in and they like getting told they're right to feel annoyed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

It's no secret he and Spielberg had major differences during the making of the film.

It was not a total disaster..it had a little fun stuff in it.....but it was still a huge,huge, disapointment. Indy just works better with supernatural menaces rather then Sci fi menances.

Hell, I think Lucas hurt the Star Wars franchise with the first two of the Prequels.

Agree the film wasn't a disaster. Just something "off" about it.

Other than the horrific CG, Mutt being detestable and Marion just goofy didn't help. Ford also seemed kind of out of it, especially at the start of the film.

It's like Spielberg felt obliged to do it. Lucas was obsessed with doing something with aliens, an idea Spielberg hated. He just finally relented and made the film after all the delays.

It just didn't click, but there are scenes, like in the cemetary in Peru, that have that classic Indy feel and urgency.

Skull is a weak series entry with some silly scenes (fridge) and a really by the numbers plot. It doesn't damage the character or harm the previous films for me though.

Arguably the SW sequels, unlike the prequels, betray established lore and characters.

I can't see 5 making the same mistakes as Skull. And I hope Indy is still the character we all love. We'll soon find out.

10 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Critical Drinker saw how much attention anti-woke grifters got on twitter and thought "I can make a movie channel out of that!"

And it was a good tactic, the guy's done well. But he never once surprises you. Because that's not what the channel's for. It's for guys who get annoyed that actors other than white males now get a look-in and they like getting told they're right to feel annoyed.

You're probably right, but I've listened to some of his videos and he DOES make a few good points in between all the verbal crap.

I could not listen to videos like that on the regular though. As I just said, too much verbal crap.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Critical drinker does make some good points at times but it gets sorrounded by anti sjw bias.

If it wasn't for his bias, he is a pretty decent reviewer . He has written some books so atleast he has some basic knowledge on writing craft

He has a number of decent to good vids  and lots of crappy ones too.

" Basically in the land of the blind ,one eyed man is king "

Definitely agree his anti woke Bs is what has given his channel alot of  success.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stephen said:

Awesome. What chance of Short Round appearing in Indy 5?

I have a feeling he'll show up.

SOmehow I think we can take that as a given. They don't relase those publicity photos for no reason.

I wonder if we will get a cameo for Willie from Temple of Doom as well....given the actress is Mrs Speilberg.....

1 hour ago, Eric Killmonger said:

Yeah Thanksgiving sounds about right. They'll probably do a similar strategy that the first Jurassic World did by having the trailer play during a Thanksgiving Day football game.

I had that thought too... none of the Thanksgiving games are on ESPN/ABC though, and there's no way Disney would hype up the Indiana Jones trailer for a different network to take advantage of. If it's football, it's going to be Monday Night Football.